Old 04-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Gianluca Sforna

Default Connection Sharing in F15

Is there any way to share a wired/wireless connection in F15? it was
previously few clicks away in the NM applet

--
Gianluca Sforna

http://morefedora.blogspot.com
http://identi.ca/giallu - http://twitter.com/giallu

Old 04-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Alberto Bonacina

2011/4/11 Gianluca Sforna <giallu@gmail.com>:
> Is there any way to share a wired/wireless connection in F15? it was
> previously few clicks away in the NM applet

You can search "Network connection", click on the application and then
set a shared connection with the other computer as you did with Fedora
14. For example in the wired tab you can click on the "Add" button,
the go to the "Ipv4 Settings" a choose "Shares to the other computers"
in the method menu.

Alberto

--
Bonacina Alberto
Fedora Ambassador: kato@fedoraproject.org

Old 04-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Adam Williamson

On Mon, 2011-04-11 at 23:21 +0200, Alberto Bonacina wrote:
> 2011/4/11 Gianluca Sforna <giallu@gmail.com>:
> > Is there any way to share a wired/wireless connection in F15? it was
> > previously few clicks away in the NM applet
>
> You can search "Network connection", click on the application and then
> set a shared connection with the other computer as you did with Fedora
> 14. For example in the wired tab you can click on the "Add" button,
> the go to the "Ipv4 Settings" a choose "Shares to the other computers"
> in the method menu.

That's nm-connection-editor, btw, which is a kind of handy all-purpose
workaround for 'anything that's still missing from GNOME 3's network
applet' (you can use it for hidden networks too).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Old 04-11-2011, 10:31 PM
Gianluca Sforna

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 11:56 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-04-11 at 23:21 +0200, Alberto Bonacina wrote:
>> You can search "Network connection", click on the application and then
>> set a shared connection with the other computer as you did with Fedora
>> 14. For example in the wired tab you can click on the "Add" button,
>> the go to the "Ipv4 Settings" a choose "Shares to the other computers"
>> in the method menu.
>
> That's nm-connection-editor, btw, which is a kind of handy all-purpose
> workaround for 'anything that's still missing from GNOME 3's network
> applet' (you can use it for hidden networks too).

Thank you both. Searching for 'nm' did the trick, since I'm testing
the Italian localization and "Network Connection" was not found.