Old 04-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Barry Fishman

Default More Questions (was: Fedora 15 Questions)

First thanks for the answers to my previous questions. Everything
worked perfectly.

1) In gnome-shell, where is the "favorites" information placed?

I can stick thing in favorites by selecting that when right clicking
on the icon, but I cannot seem to see where that information gets
stored under my home directory.

There does not seem to be a way to set the properties of a favorite, and
I need to set up some command line options. I was looking for an
indirect way of doing this.

Gnome2 had a desktop directory in which I could put *.desktop files,
but gnome shell seems to ignore them, and trying to execute them
just brings gedit up on them.

I can create an executable script that exec's the application with the
command line switches I want, which I can then move to favorites, but
the resulting icont seem to just launch the original application without
options.

--
Barry Fishman