Old 04-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Default Hotot micro blogging client

Hi

I got annoyed with the slow development of Pino for the 0.3 rewrite
(only a single developer and identi.ca support is broken) and Gwibber
development seems apparently stagnated too and I heard the upstream
development has switched platforms as well. Looking for replacement, I
bumped into hotot which I have been using for a while and I have
packaged and built it for for Rawhide and Fedora 15

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/hotot-0.9.5-3.20110331hg.fc15,pywebkitgtk-1.1.8-1.fc15

Hotot is under active development and somewhere near the alpha state,
the UI is pretty nice and functional. While I am not advocating a swap
of defaults yet, I would ask desktop SIG folks to take a look. I would
like to hear feedback from users as well.

Rahul

Old 04-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Jan Willies

Hi Rahul,
I got annoyed with the slow development of Pino for the 0.3 rewrite

(only a single developer and identi.ca support is broken) �and Gwibber

development seems apparently stagnated too and I heard the upstream

development has switched platforms as well. �Looking for replacement, �I

bumped into hotot which I have been using for a while and I have

packaged and built it for for Rawhide and Fedora 15

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/hotot-0.9.5-3.20110331hg.fc15,pywebkitgtk-1.1.8-1.fc15

Hotot is under active development and somewhere near the alpha state,

the UI is pretty nice and functional. � While I am not advocating a swap

of defaults yet, �I would ask desktop SIG folks to take a look. �I would

like to hear feedback from users as well.

It looks nice, but somehow fails to access twitter. That's after I pasted the PIN the twitter website gave me:

[Req] {"type":"GET","url":"https://api.twitter.com/oauth/request_token?oauth_consumer_key=SxxxQ&oauth_nonce =0xxx9&oauth_signature=cxxxg%3D&oauth_signature_me thod=HMAC-SHA1&oauth_timestamp=1xx2&oauth_version=1.0","data ":{}}
[Req] {"type":"GET","url":"https://api.twitter.com/oauth/access_token?oauth_consumer_key=SxxxQ&oauth_nonce= 2xxx6&oauth_signature=vxxxw%3D&oauth_signature_met hod=HMAC-SHA1&oauth_timestamp=1xx5&oauth_token=Zxxx0&oauth_ verifier=3xx8&oauth_version=1.0","data":{}}
** Message: console message: undefined @0: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: on_twitterapi_error
I installed�pywebkitgtk-1.1.8-1.fc15.i686 and�hotot-0.9.5-3.20110331hg.fc15.noarch on F-14.�

The chrome webapplication works though. Looks cool!