Old 04-01-2011, 08:15 AM
"Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson"

Default GDM and Locked screen password dialog theme.

Currently the GDM theme and Locked screen password dialog are out of
place with the general theme of the Gnome-Shell.

Any news when they get updated to the new theme and look?

NTH it in before we release the beta.

JBG

Old 04-01-2011, 09:51 AM
Rahul Sundaram

On 04/01/2011 01:45 PM, "Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson" wrote:
> Currently the GDM theme and Locked screen password dialog are out of
> place with the general theme of the Gnome-Shell.
>
> Any news when they get updated to the new theme and look?
>
> NTH it in before we release the beta.

Part of the 3.2 plan according to

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2011-March/msg00109.html

"- Login screen: gdm got some facelift, but it is still pretty much a
gnome2 login screen. We have a design for a shell-style greeter.
https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Design/Whiteboards/LoginScreen "

Rahul

Old 04-01-2011, 10:37 AM
"Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson"

On 04/01/2011 09:51 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 04/01/2011 01:45 PM, "Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson" wrote:
>> > Currently the GDM theme and Locked screen password dialog are out of
>> > place with the general theme of the Gnome-Shell.
>> >
>> > Any news when they get updated to the new theme and look?
>> >
>> > NTH it in before we release the beta.
> Part of the 3.2 plan according to
>
> https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2011-March/msg00109.html
>
> "- Login screen: gdm got some facelift, but it is still pretty much a
> gnome2 login screen. We have a design for a shell-style greeter.
> https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Design/Whiteboards/LoginScreen

Does it not feel a bit hack-ish releasing without those two in place?

I'm not saying they have to be perfect but consistent with the rest of
the desktop.

JBG

Old 04-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Rahul Sundaram

On 04/01/2011 04:07 PM, "Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson" wrote:
> Does it not feel a bit hack-ish releasing without those two in place?
>
> I'm not saying they have to be perfect but consistent with the rest of
> the desktop.

I don't see what could be done about that if we don't have
time/resources to do it within this release cycle.

Rahul

Old 04-01-2011, 11:02 AM
"Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson"

On 04/01/2011 10:51 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 04/01/2011 04:07 PM, "Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson" wrote:
>> Does it not feel a bit hack-ish releasing without those two in place?
>>
>> I'm not saying they have to be perfect but consistent with the rest of
>> the desktop.
> I don't see what could be done about that if we don't have
> time/resources to do it within this release cycle.

Could gdm and the password dialog simply be coloured black as opposed to
gray?

JBG

Old 04-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Matthias Clasen

On Fri, 2011-04-01 at 10:37 +0000, "Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson" wrote:

> > Part of the 3.2 plan according to
> >
> > https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2011-March/msg00109.html
> >
> > "- Login screen: gdm got some facelift, but it is still pretty much a
> > gnome2 login screen. We have a design for a shell-style greeter.
> > https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Design/Whiteboards/LoginScreen
>
> Does it not feel a bit hack-ish releasing without those two in place?

Well, yes. It does. I'll take the fact that these two really stand out
as a positive sign that we've managed to get the desktop itself into
fairly good and polished shape...

Unfortunately, there is always more to be done than there's time to do
it. We'll have a more complete story for 3.2. Between now and 3.0,
there's only room for a handful of crash and serious blocker fixes..

Old 04-01-2011, 07:45 PM
"Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson"

On 04/01/2011 06:50 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Well, yes. It does. I'll take the fact that these two really stand out
> as a positive sign that we've managed to get the desktop itself into
> fairly good and polished shape...

Yup I agree you guys have manage to get the desktop it self in a fairly
good and polished shape beside these two along with the background does
not get darker blue in dual monitor setup on the second monitor when you
go to overview/windows mode are the only things I can think of that feel
out of place.

And the design sample that was posted seems to fit right in for GDM and
Screen Lock.

JBG