-   -   Where to put release notes for existing F15 testers? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-desktop/507990-where-put-release-notes-existing-f15-testers.html)

Bastien Nocera 03-31-2011 12:27 PM

Where to put release notes for existing F15 testers?

The screen idle timeout changed units (from minutes to seconds) without
the key name being changed.

So if you ever changed the screen idle delay, you'll get a screensaver
starting after a few seconds.

Where should I put a release note to mention this change?

Cheers

Rahul Sundaram 03-31-2011 12:54 PM

On 03/31/2011 05:57 PM, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> The screen idle timeout changed units (from minutes to seconds) without
> the key name being changed.
>
> So if you ever changed the screen idle delay, you'll get a screensaver
> starting after a few seconds.
>
> Where should I put a release note to mention this change?

We don't have a great place for this but common bugs should serve the
purpose

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F15_bugs

Rahul

Adam Williamson 03-31-2011 03:44 PM

Where to put release notes for existing F15 testers?

> On 03/31/2011 05:57 PM, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > The screen idle timeout changed units (from minutes to seconds) without
> > the key name being changed.
> >
> > So if you ever changed the screen idle delay, you'll get a screensaver
> > starting after a few seconds.
> >
> > Where should I put a release note to mention this change?
>
> We don't have a great place for this but common bugs should serve the
> purpose
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F15_bugs

yeah, +1 common bugs for that.
--