Old 03-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Jesse Keating

Default Where should Cups-PDF save its files now that we have no desktop icons?

On 3/22/11 8:27 AM, Jared K. Smith wrote:
> In previous versions of Fedora, the Cups-PDF package has saved the
> PDFs on the Desktop. Now that Gnome Shell defaults to not showing
> icons for files in the Desktop folder, do we need to point Cups-PDF at
> another folder? I personally find it confusing to have Cups-PDF
> saving files to the Desktop folder, but not having those items
> displayed on the desktop.
>
> --
> Jared Smith
> Fedora Project Leader

Isn't there some sort of xdg magic you can do to figure out where the
"Documents" type folder is and default to that? One of my biggest pet
peeves is apps that save document type files and default to something
other than my Documents folder.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!

Old 03-22-2011, 08:50 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 09:36:55AM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On 3/22/11 8:27 AM, Jared K. Smith wrote:
> > In previous versions of Fedora, the Cups-PDF package has saved the
> > PDFs on the Desktop. Now that Gnome Shell defaults to not showing
> > icons for files in the Desktop folder, do we need to point Cups-PDF at
> > another folder? I personally find it confusing to have Cups-PDF
> > saving files to the Desktop folder, but not having those items
> > displayed on the desktop.
> >
> > --
> > Jared Smith
> > Fedora Project Leader
>
> Isn't there some sort of xdg magic you can do to figure out where the
> "Documents" type folder is and default to that? One of my biggest pet
> peeves is apps that save document type files and default to something
> other than my Documents folder.

+1, and I believe the answer to your question is "yes":
http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/xdg-user-dirs

Red Hat Summit/JBossWorld -- Register now! http://.theredhatsummit.com