Old 03-22-2011, 02:27 PM
"Jared K. Smith"

Default Where should Cups-PDF save its files now that we have no desktop icons?

In previous versions of Fedora, the Cups-PDF package has saved the
PDFs on the Desktop. Now that Gnome Shell defaults to not showing
icons for files in the Desktop folder, do we need to point Cups-PDF at
another folder? I personally find it confusing to have Cups-PDF
saving files to the Desktop folder, but not having those items
displayed on the desktop.

--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader

Old 03-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Colin Walters

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Jared K. Smith
<jsmith@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> In previous versions of Fedora, the Cups-PDF package has saved the
> PDFs on the Desktop. *Now that Gnome Shell defaults to not showing
> icons for files in the Desktop folder, do we need to point Cups-PDF at
> another folder? *I personally find it confusing to have Cups-PDF
> saving files to the Desktop folder, but not having those items
> displayed on the desktop.

I'd recommend ~/Documents, but ultimately it's up to the application.
Firefox seems to default to ~ for "print to file".