Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Fedora Desktop (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-desktop/)
-   -   Second GNOME 3 Test Day coming up this Thursday (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-desktop/498345-second-gnome-3-test-day-coming-up-thursday.html)

Adam Williamson 03-07-2011 05:41 PM

Second GNOME 3 Test Day coming up this Thursday
 
Hi, all - just a quick reminder that the second GNOME 3 Test Day is
coming up this Thursday, 2011-03-10. The first Test Day was a great
success and there's no reason this one shouldn't be, too. :) Big thanks
to Vitezslav Humpa and Radek Lat who have done most of the preparation
for this one.

The Wiki page is
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2011-03-10_GNOME3_Beta and the
IRC channel will be #fedora-test-day on Freenode, again. Please do take
a look at the new stuff on the Wiki compared to last event and let me,
Vitezslav and/or Radek (vhumpa and rlat at redhat, respectively) know if
there are any problems with it. We're expecting not to need custom live
images this time and just use nightlies instead, so desktop team, please
make sure all the packages we need to have in for testing are pushed to
f15 'stable' by then; let us know if you need any help getting an update
upkarma'ed.

Again, it'll really help to have the word spread about the event, so if
you have a blog or a line to a favorite news site or anything, please
help out with that. I'll put up a blog post about the event shortly
which you can link to if you like. Aside from that, if you can come
along to the IRC channel during the day and help with testing and
assisting other testers, of course that will be a great help!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey
IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org
http://www.happyassassin.net

--
desktop mailing list
desktop@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/desktop

Matthias Clasen 03-07-2011 09:53 PM

Second GNOME 3 Test Day coming up this Thursday
 
On Mon, 2011-03-07 at 10:41 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Hi, all - just a quick reminder that the second GNOME 3 Test Day is
> coming up this Thursday, 2011-03-10. The first Test Day was a great
> success and there's no reason this one shouldn't be, too. :) Big thanks
> to Vitezslav Humpa and Radek Lat who have done most of the preparation
> for this one.
>
> The Wiki page is
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2011-03-10_GNOME3_Beta and the
> IRC channel will be #fedora-test-day on Freenode, again. Please do take
> a look at the new stuff on the Wiki compared to last event and let me,
> Vitezslav and/or Radek (vhumpa and rlat at redhat, respectively) know if
> there are any problems with it. We're expecting not to need custom live
> images this time and just use nightlies instead, so desktop team, please
> make sure all the packages we need to have in for testing are pushed to
> f15 'stable' by then; let us know if you need any help getting an update
> upkarma'ed.
>
> Again, it'll really help to have the word spread about the event, so if
> you have a blog or a line to a favorite news site or anything, please
> help out with that. I'll put up a blog post about the event shortly
> which you can link to if you like. Aside from that, if you can come
> along to the IRC channel during the day and help with testing and
> assisting other testers, of course that will be a great help!

Man Adam, who did we manage to schedule all GNOME3 test days in the
weeks where we have major GNOME updates to push out ? This week I'll be
trying hard to get 2.91.91 into F15. But obviously, that may be hard to
get completed before Wednesday...

--
desktop mailing list
desktop@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/desktop

Adam Williamson 03-07-2011 10:01 PM

Second GNOME 3 Test Day coming up this Thursday
 
On Mon, 2011-03-07 at 17:53 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> > Again, it'll really help to have the word spread about the event, so if
> > you have a blog or a line to a favorite news site or anything, please
> > help out with that. I'll put up a blog post about the event shortly
> > which you can link to if you like. Aside from that, if you can come
> > along to the IRC channel during the day and help with testing and
> > assisting other testers, of course that will be a great help!
>
> Man Adam, who did we manage to schedule all GNOME3 test days in the
> weeks where we have major GNOME updates to push out ? This week I'll be
> trying hard to get 2.91.91 into F15. But obviously, that may be hard to
> get completed before Wednesday...

Yikes, I didn't know! The third one is scheduled for 7th April, if
that's a bad day we can change it. We can even change this one still if
it's a really bad idea, we didn't send out any major announcements yet.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey
IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org
http://www.happyassassin.net

--
desktop mailing list
desktop@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/desktop

Christopher Aillon 03-07-2011 10:33 PM

Second GNOME 3 Test Day coming up this Thursday
 
On 03/07/2011 03:01 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-03-07 at 17:53 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>
>>> Again, it'll really help to have the word spread about the event, so if
>>> you have a blog or a line to a favorite news site or anything, please
>>> help out with that. I'll put up a blog post about the event shortly
>>> which you can link to if you like. Aside from that, if you can come
>>> along to the IRC channel during the day and help with testing and
>>> assisting other testers, of course that will be a great help!
>>
>> Man Adam, who did we manage to schedule all GNOME3 test days in the
>> weeks where we have major GNOME updates to push out ? This week I'll be
>> trying hard to get 2.91.91 into F15. But obviously, that may be hard to
>> get completed before Wednesday...
>
> Yikes, I didn't know! The third one is scheduled for 7th April, if
> that's a bad day we can change it. We can even change this one still if
> it's a really bad idea, we didn't send out any major announcements yet.

https://live.gnome.org/TwoPointNinetyone/

Looks like April 7 is the week 3.0 is out. :-)
--
desktop mailing list
desktop@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/desktop

Adam Williamson 03-07-2011 10:48 PM

Second GNOME 3 Test Day coming up this Thursday
 
On Mon, 2011-03-07 at 15:33 -0800, Christopher Aillon wrote:
> On 03/07/2011 03:01 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > On Mon, 2011-03-07 at 17:53 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> >
> >>> Again, it'll really help to have the word spread about the event, so if
> >>> you have a blog or a line to a favorite news site or anything, please
> >>> help out with that. I'll put up a blog post about the event shortly
> >>> which you can link to if you like. Aside from that, if you can come
> >>> along to the IRC channel during the day and help with testing and
> >>> assisting other testers, of course that will be a great help!
> >>
> >> Man Adam, who did we manage to schedule all GNOME3 test days in the
> >> weeks where we have major GNOME updates to push out ? This week I'll be
> >> trying hard to get 2.91.91 into F15. But obviously, that may be hard to
> >> get completed before Wednesday...
> >
> > Yikes, I didn't know! The third one is scheduled for 7th April, if
> > that's a bad day we can change it. We can even change this one still if
> > it's a really bad idea, we didn't send out any major announcements yet.
>
> https://live.gnome.org/TwoPointNinetyone/
>
> Looks like April 7 is the week 3.0 is out. :-)

Nice catch. So, maybe we should move that one!

We should take account of the final change deadline being 04-25. 04-21
is technically an open slot but probably not a good day. I'd recommend
any weekday between 04-15 and 04-21, WDYT?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey
IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org
http://www.happyassassin.net

--
desktop mailing list
desktop@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/desktop

Matthias Clasen 03-08-2011 02:56 PM

Second GNOME 3 Test Day coming up this Thursday
 
On Mon, 2011-03-07 at 15:01 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-03-07 at 17:53 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>
> > > Again, it'll really help to have the word spread about the event, so if
> > > you have a blog or a line to a favorite news site or anything, please
> > > help out with that. I'll put up a blog post about the event shortly
> > > which you can link to if you like. Aside from that, if you can come
> > > along to the IRC channel during the day and help with testing and
> > > assisting other testers, of course that will be a great help!
> >
> > Man Adam, who did we manage to schedule all GNOME3 test days in the
> > weeks where we have major GNOME updates to push out ? This week I'll be
> > trying hard to get 2.91.91 into F15. But obviously, that may be hard to
> > get completed before Wednesday...
>
> Yikes, I didn't know! The third one is scheduled for 7th April, if
> that's a bad day we can change it. We can even change this one still if
> it's a really bad idea, we didn't send out any major announcements yet.

I actually got almost everything built last night, so looking
tentatively positive. Still have to make sure things actually work.

--
desktop mailing list
desktop@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/desktop

Adam Williamson 03-08-2011 03:32 PM

Second GNOME 3 Test Day coming up this Thursday
 
On Tue, 2011-03-08 at 10:56 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> > Yikes, I didn't know! The third one is scheduled for 7th April, if
> > that's a bad day we can change it. We can even change this one still if
> > it's a really bad idea, we didn't send out any major announcements yet.
>
> I actually got almost everything built last night, so looking
> tentatively positive. Still have to make sure things actually work.

Cool. Let me know when all the builds are in Koji and I'll start working
on karma and/or live images.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey
IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org
http://www.happyassassin.net

--
desktop mailing list
desktop@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/desktop

"giallu@gmail.com" 03-08-2011 10:07 PM

Second GNOME 3 Test Day coming up this Thursday
 
On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Matthias Clasen <mclasen@redhat.com> wrote:
> I actually got almost everything built last night, so looking
> tentatively positive. Still have to make sure things actually work.

Talking about this, I just got on a "yum update":

Transaction Check Error:
file /usr/share/gnome/help/gpl/zh_CN/gpl.xml from install of
gnome-desktop3-2.91.91-1.fc15.x86_64 conflicts with file from package
gnome-desktop-2.32.0-6.fc15.x86_64
file /usr/share/gnome/help/lgpl/zh_CN/lgpl.xml from install of
gnome-desktop3-2.91.91-1.fc15.x86_64 conflicts with file from package
gnome-desktop-2.32.0-6.fc15.x86_64
file /usr/share/omf/gpl/gpl-zh_CN.omf from install of
gnome-desktop3-2.91.91-1.fc15.x86_64 conflicts with file from package
gnome-desktop-2.32.0-6.fc15.x86_64
file /usr/share/omf/lgpl/lgpl-zh_CN.omf from install of
gnome-desktop3-2.91.91-1.fc15.x86_64 conflicts with file from package
gnome-desktop-2.32.0-6.fc15.x86_64



--
Gianluca Sforna

http://morefedora.blogspot.com
http://identi.ca/giallu - http://twitter.com/giallu
--
desktop mailing list
desktop@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/desktop

Christopher Aillon 03-08-2011 10:14 PM

Second GNOME 3 Test Day coming up this Thursday
 
On 03/08/2011 03:07 PM, giallu@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Matthias Clasen<mclasen@redhat.com> wrote:
>> I actually got almost everything built last night, so looking
>> tentatively positive. Still have to make sure things actually work.
>
> Talking about this, I just got on a "yum update":
>
> Transaction Check Error:
> file /usr/share/gnome/help/gpl/zh_CN/gpl.xml from install of
> gnome-desktop3-2.91.91-1.fc15.x86_64 conflicts with file from package
> gnome-desktop-2.32.0-6.fc15.x86_64
> file /usr/share/gnome/help/lgpl/zh_CN/lgpl.xml from install of
> gnome-desktop3-2.91.91-1.fc15.x86_64 conflicts with file from package
> gnome-desktop-2.32.0-6.fc15.x86_64
> file /usr/share/omf/gpl/gpl-zh_CN.omf from install of
> gnome-desktop3-2.91.91-1.fc15.x86_64 conflicts with file from package
> gnome-desktop-2.32.0-6.fc15.x86_64
> file /usr/share/omf/lgpl/lgpl-zh_CN.omf from install of
> gnome-desktop3-2.91.91-1.fc15.x86_64 conflicts with file from package
> gnome-desktop-2.32.0-6.fc15.x86_64


A broken update made it into -testing. It is replaced by this udpate
instead:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/gnome-desktop-2.32.0-7.fc15,gnome-desktop3-2.91.91-1.fc15

it still hasn't been pushed anywhere, but when it does, it will fix things.
--
desktop mailing list
desktop@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/desktop

Matthias Clasen 03-09-2011 12:55 PM

Second GNOME 3 Test Day coming up this Thursday
 
On Tue, 2011-03-08 at 08:32 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-03-08 at 10:56 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>
> > > Yikes, I didn't know! The third one is scheduled for 7th April, if
> > > that's a bad day we can change it. We can even change this one still if
> > > it's a really bad idea, we didn't send out any major announcements yet.
> >
> > I actually got almost everything built last night, so looking
> > tentatively positive. Still have to make sure things actually work.
>
> Cool. Let me know when all the builds are in Koji and I'll start working
> on karma and/or live images.

Here is a list of the 2.91.91 updates that have accumulated so far.
These work fine in my testing, but some more scrutiny would be good.
James had some problems with the hw accel check, for instance.

Also note that there are some newer builds in dist-f15-updates-candidate
that are _not_ going to be ready for the test day. Those are related to
the NetworkManager 0.9 update and will have to wait until after the test
day.

gdk-pixbuf2-2.23.1-1.fc15
gtk3-3.0.2-1.fc15
glib-2.28.2-1.fc15
abattis-cantarell-fnts-0.0.4-1.fc15
clutter-1.6.8-1.fc15
gnome-themes-2.32.0-5.fc15
gnome-themes-standard-2.91.91-1.fc15
gnome-system-monitor-2.99.1-fc15
gnome-keyring-2.91.91-1.fc15
file-roller-2.91.91-1.fc15
gtksourceview3-2.91.8-1.fc15
pyatspi-1.91.91-1.fc15
at-spi2-core-1.91.91-1.fc15
at-spi2-atk-1.91.91-1.fc15
libgnomekbd-2.91.91-1.fc15
gnome-menus-2.91.91-1.fc15
gconf-editor-2.91.91-1.fc15
yelp-2.91.91-1.fc15
yelp-xsl-2.91.91-1.fc15
mousetweaks-2.91.91-1.fc15
orca-2.91.91-1.fc15
gnome-user-docs-2.91.91-1.fc15
gnome-devel-docs-2.91.91-1.fc15
seahorse-2.91.91-1.fc15
gnome-session-2.91.91-2.fc15
gedit-2.91.8-1.fc15
brasero-2.91.91-1.fc15
gnome-panel-2.91.91-1.fc15
devhelp-2.91.91.2-1.fc15
vinagre-2.91.91-2.fc15
gedit-plugins-2.91.91-1.fc15
epiphany-2.91.91-1.fc15
vino-2.99.3-1.fc15
krb5-auth-dialog-2.91.91-1.fc15
gnome-screensaver-2.91.91-1.fc15
mutter-2.91.91-1.fc15
gsettings-desktop-schemas-2.91.91-1.fc15
gnome-settings-daemon-2.91.91-1.fc15
gnome-shell-2.91.91-1.fc15
control-center-2.91.91-1.fc15
gnome-bluetooth-2.91.91-1.fc15
eog-2.91.91-1.fc15


--
desktop mailing list
desktop@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/desktop


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:26 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.