Old 03-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Christoph Wickert

Default Orphaning some GNOME packages

(CC'ing desktop list, perhaps somebody is interested in these packages)

I am orphaning all my GNOME panel applets because I don't use GNOME any
longer and I doubt that panel applets will have a future after GNOME 3.0
is released.

* gnome-netstatus: Doesn't build with latest gnome-panel and has 3
open abrt bugs (#606827, #630167, #642911)
* gnome-applet-cpufire: Doesn't build with latest gnome-panel, no
open bugs, co-maintained by edwintb
* gnome-applet-remmina: Replaced by a trayicon in F15 and rawhide,
so maintenance is only needed for F13 and F14. No bugs ever.
* gnome-applet-timer: Still maintained, still builds and works,
co-maintained by tomspur. One abrt bug that was forwarded to the
developer (#669519)

Please pick them up in packagedb if you are interested. If there are no
new owners within two weeks, I will retire the packages.

Kind regards,
Christoph