Old 02-07-2008, 04:12 PM
Valent Turkovic

Default yum-presto on Live CD?

Hi,
can you please tell me if yum-presto plugin will be installed by default
on fedora 9 live cd?

Thank you,
Valent.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Valent Turkovic wrote:

Hi,
can you please tell me if yum-presto plugin will be installed by default
on fedora 9 live cd?

Unlikely since there are no official mirrors hosting delta rpm packages.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/PrestoBuildsysIntegration

Rahul

Old 02-09-2008, 11:05 AM
"Valent Turkovic"

On Feb 9, 2008 1:52 AM, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Valent Turkovic wrote:
> > Hi,
> > can you please tell me if yum-presto plugin will be installed by default
> > on fedora 9 live cd?
>
> Unlikely since there are no official mirrors hosting delta rpm packages.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/PrestoBuildsysIntegration
>
> Rahul

Could this one be more refined somehow so it can be used:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/PrestoBuildsysIntegration#head-d48a45fd3933c3aa07a085a904db3e30e0142111

Do you have some contacts with opensuse guys? They are using deltarpm
for last 3 or even more releases so maybe their insight would help you
somehow?

It would be a shame not to have this great feature in Fedora 9.

Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic

Old 02-09-2008, 12:31 PM
"Valent Turkovic"

On Feb 9, 2008 1:52 AM, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Valent Turkovic wrote:
> > Hi,
> > can you please tell me if yum-presto plugin will be installed by default
> > on fedora 9 live cd?
>
> Unlikely since there are no official mirrors hosting delta rpm packages.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/PrestoBuildsysIntegration
>
> Rahul

This is the email I sent to opensuse packaging mailing list:

Hi,
let me first introduce myself. I'm a Fedora contributor and Fedora
Ambassador for Croatia, but I'm not directly part od Fedora board or
Fedora Project.

Still I would like to ask you for assistance in one matter that you
have more experience dealing that Fedora - and that is deltarpm.
Fedora 9 features list has Presto[1] on it - it is a yum plugin that
handles deltarpms during updates.
Currently the deltarpm integration is stuck because the infrastructure
team is stuck[2] in its implementation.

Is there some way in which you can help with your longer experience
with handling deltarpm files so that this greatly needed feature comes
on by default in Fedora 9?

Is there some other list that is more specialized on this sort of
topics that I would be better of trying elsewere?

Cheers,
Valent from Croatia.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeaturePresto
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/PrestoBuildsysIntegration

Old 02-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Valent Turkovic wrote:

can you please tell me if yum-presto plugin will be installed by default
on fedora 9 live cd?

Unlikely since there are no official mirrors hosting delta rpm packages.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/PrestoBuildsysIntegration

Rahul

Could this one be more refined somehow so it can be used:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/PrestoBuildsysIntegration#head-d48a45fd3933c3aa07a085a904db3e30e0142111

Do you have some contacts with opensuse guys? They are using deltarpm
for last 3 or even more releases so maybe their insight would help you
somehow?

The Fedora buildsystem is unique to Fedora. For the client side, the
presto developers have been in touch but that isn't going to help with
build system integration.

Rahul