-   -   ibus/upgrades (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-desktop/496246-ibus-upgrades.html)

Colin Walters 03-02-2011 02:50 PM

ibus/upgrades

So we have in comps now:

<packagereq type="conditional" requires="ibus">ibus-gtk2</packagereq>
<packagereq type="conditional" requires="ibus">ibus-gtk3</packagereq>

But nothing appears to require any of ibus* in f15. For Fedora 14,
nothing requires "ibus". However, we have:

<packagereq type="conditional" requires="gtk3">ibus-gtk3</packagereq>

And since practically speaking gtk3 got pulled in by other stuff in
F14, we got ibus*.

(Actually, what's up with the bizarre circularity in ibus where ibus
requires ibus-gtk2 and ibus-gtk3, and ibus-gtk3 requires ibus?)

The problem is that while not getting new default packages on "yum
upgrade" is a known issue stretching back to the dawn of time in
packages, I usually tell people to work around it by doing 'yum
install @gnome-desktop'. But in this case, since the comps are
conditional, if you happened to remove ibus (as I guess I probably
did), then it's really not obvious how to sync back up with the
default.

This all isn't a big deal I guess since it only (I think) impacts
people who have done "yum remove ibus" at some point, which is
definitely a warranty void.

But any opposition to this patch?

Matthias Clasen 03-02-2011 06:34 PM

ibus/upgrades

On Wed, 2011-03-02 at 10:50 -0500, Colin Walters wrote:

> But any opposition to this patch?

I think it is right to make that explicit. Of course, we have to hope
that the problems where ibus crashes the shell or gdm will be solved for
good before the release. Or are they already ?

Colin Walters 03-02-2011 06:42 PM

ibus/upgrades

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/ibus-1.3.99.20110206-4.fc15