Old 02-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Christoph Wickert

Default How to change themes (was How do we change fonts now)

Am Donnerstag, den 17.02.2011, 14:55 -0500 schrieb Clyde E. Kunkel:
> Please, oh please, someone tell me how to change the fonts in gnome 3
> now.

And I'd like to know how to change themes. This is not yet implemented,
right? As this affects other desktops as well (think of
gnome-packagekit), it should be high priority.

And shouldn't GNOME apps respect xsettings anyway and pick up changes
made say with xfce4-appearance-settings or lxappearance?

Regards,
Christoph

Old 02-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Adam Williamson

On Thu, 2011-02-17 at 21:58 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 17.02.2011, 14:55 -0500 schrieb Clyde E. Kunkel:
> > Please, oh please, someone tell me how to change the fonts in gnome 3
> > now.
>
> And I'd like to know how to change themes. This is not yet implemented,
> right? As this affects other desktops as well (think of
> gnome-packagekit), it should be high priority.
>
> And shouldn't GNOME apps respect xsettings anyway and pick up changes
> made say with xfce4-appearance-settings or lxappearance?

There's a dconf key you can poke to change GTK theme (run dconf-editor
and search for Adwaita and you should find it). What's not implemented
is only a UI to allow easy user changing of the theme, AIUI.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Old 02-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Christoph Wickert

Am Donnerstag, den 17.02.2011, 13:15 -0800 schrieb Adam Williamson:
> On Thu, 2011-02-17 at 21:58 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, den 17.02.2011, 14:55 -0500 schrieb Clyde E. Kunkel:
> > > Please, oh please, someone tell me how to change the fonts in gnome 3
> > > now.
> >
> > And I'd like to know how to change themes. This is not yet implemented,
> > right? As this affects other desktops as well (think of
> > gnome-packagekit), it should be high priority.
> >
> > And shouldn't GNOME apps respect xsettings anyway and pick up changes
> > made say with xfce4-appearance-settings or lxappearance?
>
> There's a dconf key you can poke to change GTK theme (run dconf-editor
> and search for Adwaita and you should find it).

Unfortunately both dconf and dconf-editor are crashing on the livecd.

What about my other question: Shouldn't gnome-apps pick up xsettings or
is this a GTK2 vs. GTK3 thing?

Regards,
Christoph

Old 02-17-2011, 10:04 PM
Bastien Nocera

On Thu, 2011-02-17 at 23:13 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 17.02.2011, 13:15 -0800 schrieb Adam Williamson:
> > >
> > > And I'd like to know how to change themes. This is not yet implemented,
> > > right? As this affects other desktops as well (think of
> > > gnome-packagekit), it should be high priority.
> > >
> > > And shouldn't GNOME apps respect xsettings anyway and pick up changes
> > > made say with xfce4-appearance-settings or lxappearance?
> >
> > There's a dconf key you can poke to change GTK theme (run dconf-editor
> > and search for Adwaita and you should find it).
>
> Unfortunately both dconf and dconf-editor are crashing on the livecd.
>
> What about my other question: Shouldn't gnome-apps pick up xsettings or
> is this a GTK2 vs. GTK3 thing?

They pick up XSettings, which are stored in GSettings, and exported
through gnome-settings-daemon. See the xsettings plugin there.

Cheers

Fri Feb 18 00:30:02 2011