Old 02-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Colin Walters

Default dbus reporting tool?

2011/2/6 Jóhann B. <johannbg@gmail.com>:
> Just wondering if there is some dbus reporting tool in the works or if
> abrt is supposed to catch messages like these?

I don't see the value in such a tool; at least all of the ones you
posted are unrequested-reply denials which are harmless, and
eventually I'll probably change the system bus to not log them.

For the other ones I've seen over time they don't really justify any
automated collection because they're rare and generally quickly
noticed by developers with the power to fix them.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Adam Williamson

On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 14:57 -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> 2011/2/6 Jóhann B. <johannbg@gmail.com>:
> > Just wondering if there is some dbus reporting tool in the works or if
> > abrt is supposed to catch messages like these?
>
> I don't see the value in such a tool; at least all of the ones you
> posted are unrequested-reply denials which are harmless, and
> eventually I'll probably change the system bus to not log them.
>
> For the other ones I've seen over time they don't really justify any
> automated collection because they're rare and generally quickly
> noticed by developers with the power to fix them.

to me they're more like selinux alerts than abrt alerts. although those
two should probably merge anyway.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey