Old 02-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Matthias Clasen

Default GNOME 3 Test Day #1: announcement up

> So I guess I'll start building 2.91.6 in the dist-f15-gnome3 tag and
> we'll see how far I get before tomorrow ends.

An update on this:

I've now built most of the gtk3 dependencies, with the following
exceptions:
deja-dup
emerillon
gnomeradio
libindicator
rhythmbox
sound-juicer
webkitgtk3
yelp
devhelp
empathy
epiphany

At this point, I am mostly waiting for a webkit release, to get the last
5 of these built, after that, I think we are good to tag things over.
The others on the list failed with various issues, vala, brasero
includes, etc.

As for the rest of GNOME 2.91.6, the new gnome-panel will probably not
land today, since we need a libwnck3 package first, and the new gdm
needs a lot of patch juggling etc, so may also not make it in today.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Adam Williamson

> As for the rest of GNOME 2.91.6, the new gnome-panel will probably not
> land today, since we need a libwnck3 package first, and the new gdm
> needs a lot of patch juggling etc, so may also not make it in today.

gdm we're okay with if the old one will at least launch stuff (it seems
to now, so that oughtn't to be a problem). gnome-panel is an issue
though because of the dependency of shell on panel, to allow fallback.

best option, obviously, is to fix it somehow - get the new panel in or
at least somehow rebuild the old panel so it's there.

second best...drop the dependency temporarily so we can at least
spin/install the new shell stuff, even if then we can't test the
fallback?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Old 02-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Adam Williamson

> On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 17:10 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>
> > As for the rest of GNOME 2.91.6, the new gnome-panel will probably not
> > land today, since we need a libwnck3 package first, and the new gdm
> > needs a lot of patch juggling etc, so may also not make it in today.
>
> gdm we're okay with if the old one will at least launch stuff (it seems
> to now, so that oughtn't to be a problem). gnome-panel is an issue
> though because of the dependency of shell on panel, to allow fallback.
>
> best option, obviously, is to fix it somehow - get the new panel in or
> at least somehow rebuild the old panel so it's there.
>
> second best...drop the dependency temporarily so we can at least
> spin/install the new shell stuff, even if then we can't test the
> fallback?

oh, if it's just an issue of waiting for compose times, if you put the
necessary libwnck3 and gnome-panel builds in a side repo somewhere, we
can spin a custom live image which includes them.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey