FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Desktop

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-08-2010, 02:41 AM
"Donald Buchan"
 
Default F14: Process /usr/bin/evolution was killed by signal 11 (SIGSEGV)

Hi

I just installed F14 via netinstall today and evolution is being killed by
signal 11 (SIGSEGV) immediately upon being run, be it from the launch icon
at the top of the screen, from the Applications menu, or from the command
line.

I have submitted a comment on bug 596916
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=596916, which was essentially
the same thing for another user under F13.

Of course as root did "yum remove evolution" and "yum install evolution"
hoping that the initial install could have somehow become corrupted or
otherwise poorly installed, but no surprise the new install gives
identical results. I have not added any plugins yet.

My specs:

F14, desktop only install, gnome, generally unmodified (ie. only a few
common desktop settings changed and one or two pieces of software added
straight off the repos);
1 gig memory;
P4 2.8;
40 gig HD, that I suspect may be acting up;
Dell Optiplex something or other, one of the cute compact mini-towers,
which has had F10-F12 on it as well as Ubuntu 8.04 before that (briefly!)
and even more briefly before that CentOS 5.4;
Obviously, I'm using a wired connection to my router to my DSL modem to my
Internet supplier

All packages are up to date -- just checked even though I did a network
install just this afternoon.

My home directory was transplanted from my F12 install, including the
hidden directories, so I imagine that the machine conceivably could be
having difficulty with something leftover from the .evolution directory,
but I would have not clue what to look for.

Obviously I have not been able to go through any setup information with
the initial setup wizard (ie. accounts, mail servers, email addy, user,
etc.) that I expect to have to go through.

Has anyone experienced this or a similar problem?

--
desktop mailing list
desktop@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/desktop
 
Old 11-08-2010, 07:00 AM
Milan Crha
 
Default F14: Process /usr/bin/evolution was killed by signal 11 (SIGSEGV)

On Sun, 2010-11-07 at 22:41 -0500, Donald Buchan wrote:
> I have submitted a comment on bug 596916
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=596916, which was
> essentially
> the same thing for another user under F13.

Hi,
is the bug number/link correct, please? I do not see any recent comment
in that bug report.
Bye,
Milan

--
desktop mailing list
desktop@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/desktop
 
Old 11-08-2010, 10:25 AM
"Donald Buchan"
 
Default F14: Process /usr/bin/evolution was killed by signal 11 (SIGSEGV)

Must have grabbed the wrong page.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=639385

It's been marked as a duplicate of bug 650160, which was closed and moved
upstream.

> On Sun, 2010-11-07 at 22:41 -0500, Donald Buchan wrote:
>> I have submitted a comment on bug 596916
>> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=596916, which was
>> essentially
>> the same thing for another user under F13.
>
> Hi,
> is the bug number/link correct, please? I do not see any recent comment
> in that bug report.
> Bye,
> Milan
>
> --
> desktop mailing list
> desktop@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/desktop
>


--
desktop mailing list
desktop@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/desktop
 
Old 11-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Milan Crha
 
Default F14: Process /usr/bin/evolution was killed by signal 11 (SIGSEGV)

On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 06:25 -0500, Donald Buchan wrote:
> Must have grabbed the wrong page.
>
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=639385
>
> It's been marked as a duplicate of bug 650160, which was closed and moved
> upstream.

Ah, OK, I'm on it at the moment, finishing the fix. Expect it in 2.32.1.
Bye,
Milan

--
desktop mailing list
desktop@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/desktop
 
Old 11-08-2010, 04:06 PM
"Donald Buchan"
 
Default F14: Process /usr/bin/evolution was killed by signal 11 (SIGSEGV)

>> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=639385
>>
>> It's been marked as a duplicate of bug 650160, which was closed and
>> moved
>> upstream.
>
> Ah, OK, I'm on it at the moment, finishing the fix. Expect it in 2.32.1.

Thank you from the presumed many of us who would like to continue with the
setups of our fresh F14 installs ... I expect that it will come through a
yum update?

Obviously, I have other items to work on in my setup in between of
"(So-Called) Real-Life"(tm) obligations -- my setup and configuration list
is coming close to two pages long, and evolution on represents a handful
of the items, and I have (only) two other systems to reformat (plus
potentially another new setup in a week or two for a friend -- but this is
one more thing.

Thanks!

--
desktop mailing list
desktop@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/desktop
 
Old 11-09-2010, 05:33 AM
Milan Crha
 
Default F14: Process /usr/bin/evolution was killed by signal 11 (SIGSEGV)

On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 12:06 -0500, Donald Buchan wrote:
> Thank you from the presumed many of us who would like to continue with the
> setups of our fresh F14 installs ... I expect that it will come through a
> yum update?

Hi,
yes, at the beginning of the next week will be done a 2.32.1 release,
and then will be this available in yum, but because of a crit-path
policy, then in the updates-testing first.
Bye,
Milan

--
desktop mailing list
desktop@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/desktop
 
Old 11-09-2010, 11:10 AM
"Donald Buchan"
 
Default F14: Process /usr/bin/evolution was killed by signal 11 (SIGSEGV)

Thank you.

At any rate, for me at least, I think I'll have to replace the HD in my
machine and reinstall anyway, I'm getting some funny I/O problems with
yesterday's updates, and more and more I'm assuming the problems I was
having before the reinstall were not software issues but rather
consequences of a hardware issue.

All to say that at least I can wait a bit longer.

Thank you!

> On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 12:06 -0500, Donald Buchan wrote:
>> Thank you from the presumed many of us who would like to continue with
>> the
>> setups of our fresh F14 installs ... I expect that it will come through
>> a
>> yum update?
>
> Hi,
> yes, at the beginning of the next week will be done a 2.32.1 release,
> and then will be this available in yum, but because of a crit-path
> policy, then in the updates-testing first.
> Bye,
> Milan
>
> --
> desktop mailing list
> desktop@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/desktop
>


--
desktop mailing list
desktop@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/desktop
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:25 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org