Old 10-14-2010, 05:39 PM
Adam Williamson

Default perl rears its ugly head again

> Peter Robinson (pbrobinson@gmail.com) said:
> > Having thought we'd finally got rid of perl from the desktop (and
> > sugar and meego) spin it seems it rears its ugly head again through of
> > all things the fedora-logos package. I have no idea why logos needs
> > scripts which in turn pulls in a multitude of packages but I thought
> > I'd give you all a heads up.
>
> This is due to bug 635289.

The update in that bug is only in -testing, so you could vote it down...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Old 10-14-2010, 08:23 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 10:39:10 -0700,
Adam Williamson <awilliam@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 12:57 -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > Peter Robinson (pbrobinson@gmail.com) said:
> > > Having thought we'd finally got rid of perl from the desktop (and
> > > sugar and meego) spin it seems it rears its ugly head again through of
> > > all things the fedora-logos package. I have no idea why logos needs
> > > scripts which in turn pulls in a multitude of packages but I thought
> > > I'd give you all a heads up.
> >
> > This is due to bug 635289.
>
> The update in that bug is only in -testing, so you could vote it down...

This could end up making a spin go over its target size right as we get ready
for the release. I added a comment to this affect to the bug.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:42 PM
Peter Robinson

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 6:39 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 12:57 -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
>> Peter Robinson (pbrobinson@gmail.com) said:
>> > Having thought we'd finally got rid of perl from the desktop (and
>> > sugar and meego) spin it seems it rears its ugly head again through of
>> > all things the fedora-logos package. I have no idea why logos needs
>> > scripts which in turn pulls in a multitude of packages but I thought
>> > I'd give you all a heads up.
>>
>> This is due to bug 635289.
>
> The update in that bug is only in -testing, so you could vote it down...

I already have!

Peter