-   -   perl rears its ugly head again (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-desktop/439881-perl-rears-its-ugly-head-again.html)

Adam Williamson 10-14-2010 05:39 PM

perl rears its ugly head again

> Peter Robinson (pbrobinson@gmail.com) said:
> > Having thought we'd finally got rid of perl from the desktop (and
> > sugar and meego) spin it seems it rears its ugly head again through of
> > all things the fedora-logos package. I have no idea why logos needs
> > scripts which in turn pulls in a multitude of packages but I thought
> > I'd give you all a heads up.
>
> This is due to bug 635289.

The update in that bug is only in -testing, so you could vote it down...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Bruno Wolff III 10-14-2010 08:23 PM

perl rears its ugly head again

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 10:39:10 -0700,
Adam Williamson <awilliam@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 12:57 -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > Peter Robinson (pbrobinson@gmail.com) said:
> > > Having thought we'd finally got rid of perl from the desktop (and
> > > sugar and meego) spin it seems it rears its ugly head again through of
> > > all things the fedora-logos package. I have no idea why logos needs
> > > scripts which in turn pulls in a multitude of packages but I thought
> > > I'd give you all a heads up.
> >
> > This is due to bug 635289.
>
> The update in that bug is only in -testing, so you could vote it down...

This could end up making a spin go over its target size right as we get ready
for the release. I added a comment to this affect to the bug.

Peter Robinson 10-14-2010 08:42 PM

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 6:39 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 12:57 -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
>> Peter Robinson (pbrobinson@gmail.com) said:
>> > Having thought we'd finally got rid of perl from the desktop (and
>> > sugar and meego) spin it seems it rears its ugly head again through of
>> > all things the fedora-logos package. I have no idea why logos needs
>> > scripts which in turn pulls in a multitude of packages but I thought
>> > I'd give you all a heads up.
>>
>> This is due to bug 635289.
>
> The update in that bug is only in -testing, so you could vote it down...

I already have!

Peter