Old 10-11-2010, 02:03 PM
Bruno Wolff III

Default Spin status broffice and Desktop had status change

The Desktop spin jumped about 200MB in size a few days ago. Can someone
update me on whether Desktop is targeting a CD or something else this
time around? If the target is 1GB now, then things are OK.

BrOffice stopped building a few days ago with an issue with a ks reference
not being found. This doesn't appear to be from the recent BrOffice commit,
but I am not sure yet what changed to cause the problem.

The other spins are all building OK.

I haven't heard that Meego has officially been granted board approval,
but am expecting that soon.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:41 PM
Matthias Clasen

On Mon, 2010-10-11 at 09:03 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> The Desktop spin jumped about 200MB in size a few days ago. Can someone
> update me on whether Desktop is targeting a CD or something else this
> time around? If the target is 1GB now, then things are OK.

Are we talking about F14 spins, or rawhide ? In any case, the target
hasn't changed. I can only assume that the OOo -> libreoffice switch may
have thrown off our exclusions ?

Old 10-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 10:41:00 -0400,
Matthias Clasen <mclasen@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-10-11 at 09:03 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > The Desktop spin jumped about 200MB in size a few days ago. Can someone
> > update me on whether Desktop is targeting a CD or something else this
> > time around? If the target is 1GB now, then things are OK.
>
> Are we talking about F14 spins, or rawhide ? In any case, the target
> hasn't changed. I can only assume that the OOo -> libreoffice switch may
> have thrown off our exclusions ?

Looking at this more carefully it looks like the size increase and
breakage are related. I missed some other broken spins as well. Pretty
much it looks like the livecd-deskop ks disappeared.

Old 10-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 09:03:50 -0500,
Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> wrote:
> The Desktop spin jumped about 200MB in size a few days ago. Can someone
> update me on whether Desktop is targeting a CD or something else this
> time around? If the target is 1GB now, then things are OK.
>
> BrOffice stopped building a few days ago with an issue with a ks reference
> not being found. This doesn't appear to be from the recent BrOffice commit,
> but I am not sure yet what changed to cause the problem.
>
> The other spins are all building OK.

I was reviewing spin sizes again today and see that desktop is going to be
very close. This build predates the background change getting into
stable and doesn't reflect the compression effort. The initial intention
was that it include animated backgrounds.

It looks like the size bump happened a day later for it. Probably just due
to compose timing.

Probably there won't be a new composes before this afternoon's Spins SIG
meeting. But we'll need to check on closely throughout the RC period.