Old 01-31-2008, 02:05 PM
"Juan Camilo Prada Ojeda"

Default making the i386 livecd fit

2008/1/31, Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic@gmail.com>:
On Jan 30, 2008 6:02 PM, Bill Nottingham <notting@redhat.com> wrote:
> Valent Turkovic (valent.turkovic@gmail.com) said:

> > Could we do something different?
> > Can there be an base install with OOo and language pack CD as an addon?
>
> I don't see how 'please swap in the other CD to run openoffice' is practical,

> or doable.
>
> Bill

I was thinking something different. If you leave everything by default
you get Fedora 9 live cd installed with english and OOo in english.

In Live CD installer you choose your country and/or language of your

choice and then you are presented with two options to load language
packs for gnome and Ooo from CD2 or download them if you are online.
And then everything else is still installed from CD1. Yes it is a
messy idea... but still maybe somebody has a better one...

+1

Thats pretty much what i proposed, i think is a good idea to let the user choose its language and if it doesnt fit on the liveCD then it could be downloaded from the internet. Someway or another non-english-speakers will have to deal with english during his FOSS experience, and leaving English as the default language isnt going to change that much (remember that DVD iso's default language is english and it change ass soon as you select another language). so we could add the translation just for the Anaconda installer and leave the rest of the LiveCD with its default language, and if needed, the other languages could be downloaded from the internet.

*
--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/

ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic

Old 01-31-2008, 02:16 PM
Matthias Clasen

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 10:05 -0500, Juan Camilo Prada Ojeda wrote:

> Thats pretty much what i proposed, i think is a good idea to let the
> user choose its language and if it doesnt fit on the liveCD then it
> could be downloaded from the internet. Someway or another
> non-english-speakers will have to deal with english during his FOSS
> experience, and leaving English as the default language isnt going to
> change that much (remember that DVD iso's default language is english
> and it change ass soon as you select another language). so we could
> add the translation just for the Anaconda installer and leave the rest
> of the LiveCD with its default language, and if needed, the other
> languages could be downloaded from the internet.

See my message earlier in this thread on %_install_langs