Old 08-30-2010, 03:00 AM
Matthias Clasen

Default adding support for evince back into gnome-python2

On Sun, 2010-08-29 at 19:07 +0100, pbrobinson@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> It was mentioned a while ago with the delay of gnome 3 we could have
> evince support back for F-14. Is there anything that's delaying this?

2.31.90 works fine here. Does it not work for you ?

Old 08-30-2010, 07:45 AM
"pbrobinson@gmail.com"

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 4:00 AM, Matthias Clasen <mclasen@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-08-29 at 19:07 +0100, pbrobinson@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> It was mentioned a while ago with the delay of gnome 3 we could have
>> evince support back for F-14. Is there anything that's delaying this?
>
> 2.31.90 works fine here. Does it not work for you ?

Checking in koji the latest f14 build is 2.31.1 and that should have
added support back but its a failed build. I asked because I'm still
getting the broken deps email from sugar-read during the daily compose
for f14 and rawhide.

Peter

Old 08-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Matthias Clasen

On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 08:45 +0100, pbrobinson@gmail.com wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 4:00 AM, Matthias Clasen <mclasen@redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2010-08-29 at 19:07 +0100, pbrobinson@gmail.com wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> It was mentioned a while ago with the delay of gnome 3 we could have
> >> evince support back for F-14. Is there anything that's delaying this?
> >
> > 2.31.90 works fine here. Does it not work for you ?
>
> Checking in koji the latest f14 build is 2.31.1 and that should have
> added support back but its a failed build. I asked because I'm still
> getting the broken deps email from sugar-read during the daily compose
> for f14 and rawhide.

$ koji latest-pkg dist-f14-updates-testing evince
Build Tag Built by
---------------------------------------- --------------------
----------------
evince-2.31.90-1.fc14 dist-f14-updates-testing
mclasen

Unfortunately, the roundtrip time from building a fix to it appearing in
stable updates is quite a bit longer after branching than what we're
used to from rawhide.

Old 08-30-2010, 01:53 PM
"pbrobinson@gmail.com"

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Matthias Clasen <mclasen@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 08:45 +0100, pbrobinson@gmail.com wrote:

>> > 2.31.90 works fine here. Does it not work for you ?
>>
>> Checking in koji the latest f14 build is 2.31.1 and that should have
>> added support back but its a failed build. I asked because I'm still
>> getting the broken deps email from sugar-read during the daily compose
>> for f14 and rawhide.
>
> $ koji latest-pkg dist-f14-updates-testing evince
> Build * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Tag * * * * * * * * * Built by
> ---------------------------------------- *--------------------
> ----------------
> evince-2.31.90-1.fc14 * * * * * * * * * * dist-f14-updates-testing
> mclasen
>
> Unfortunately, the roundtrip time from building a fix to it appearing in
> stable updates is quite a bit longer after branching than what we're
> used to from rawhide.

The support for evince is actually in the package
gnome-python2-desktop package. The gnome-python2-desktop-2.31.1-4.fc14
package which has a changelog mentioning adding back support for
evince, brasero and possibly something else is failed. Unless the
python support has recently moved to evince directly, at which point I
apologise and will update the dependencies of the associated packages.

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=332

Peter

Old 08-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Matthias Clasen

On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 14:53 +0100, pbrobinson@gmail.com wrote:

> The support for evince is actually in the package
> gnome-python2-desktop package. The gnome-python2-desktop-2.31.1-4.fc14
> package which has a changelog mentioning adding back support for
> evince, brasero and possibly something else is failed. Unless the
> python support has recently moved to evince directly, at which point I
> apologise and will update the dependencies of the associated packages.
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=332

Sorry, it wasn't clear at all to me that you were talking about python.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:25 PM
"pbrobinson@gmail.com"

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 3:20 PM, Matthias Clasen <mclasen@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 14:53 +0100, pbrobinson@gmail.com wrote:
>

>> The support for evince is actually in the package
>> gnome-python2-desktop package. The gnome-python2-desktop-2.31.1-4.fc14
>> package which has a changelog mentioning adding back support for
>> evince, brasero and possibly something else is failed. Unless the
>> python support has recently moved to evince directly, at which point I
>> apologise and will update the dependencies of the associated packages.
>>
>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=332
>
> Sorry, it wasn't clear at all to me that you were talking about python.

Oops, sorry, I thought the subject line would have covered that.

Peter

Old 08-31-2010, 11:33 PM
"pbrobinson@gmail.com"

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 3:20 PM, Matthias Clasen <mclasen@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 14:53 +0100, pbrobinson@gmail.com wrote:
>

>> The support for evince is actually in the package
>> gnome-python2-desktop package. The gnome-python2-desktop-2.31.1-4.fc14
>> package which has a changelog mentioning adding back support for
>> evince, brasero and possibly something else is failed. Unless the
>> python support has recently moved to evince directly, at which point I
>> apologise and will update the dependencies of the associated packages.
>>
>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=332
>
> Sorry, it wasn't clear at all to me that you were talking about python.

I fixed a couple of spec issues in the file manifest and configure
detecting the version of evince and rebuilt the package and submitted
it to bodhi for f14. I've left rawhide alone.

Peter

Old 09-01-2010, 01:56 AM
Matthias Clasen

On Wed, 2010-09-01 at 00:33 +0100, pbrobinson@gmail.com wrote:

> I fixed a couple of spec issues in the file manifest and configure
> detecting the version of evince and rebuilt the package and submitted
> it to bodhi for f14. I've left rawhide alone.

Hey thanks, I appreciate that.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:58 AM
Adam Williamson

> On Wed, 2010-09-01 at 00:33 +0100, pbrobinson@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > I fixed a couple of spec issues in the file manifest and configure
> > detecting the version of evince and rebuilt the package and submitted
> > it to bodhi for f14. I've left rawhide alone.
>
> Hey thanks, I appreciate that.

In case you didn't, you can probably re-enable *all* the bits I disabled
to make it work with GTK+ 3; just a straight revert of my commit, except
for the EVR and changelog, would be the best thing.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey