Old 07-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Adam Williamson

Default gnome-power-preferences and gnome-volume-control gone in Rawhide?

Hey, folks. gnome-power-preferences seems to have disappeared with
gnome-power-manager 2.31, as does gnome-volume-control with gnome-media
2.31. Is there some kind of replacement plan for these?

(also, looks like Rhythmbox needs a rebuild for the gnome-media update).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Old 07-17-2010, 08:45 AM
"pbrobinson@gmail.com"

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 10:46 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hey, folks. gnome-power-preferences seems to have disappeared with
> gnome-power-manager 2.31, as does gnome-volume-control with gnome-media
> 2.31. Is there some kind of replacement plan for these?

I think these are important for those that need to stay with the old
panel style desktop because their GPU doesn't support 3D and for those
that just prefer it.

Peter

Old 07-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Richard Hughes

On 16 July 2010 22:46, Adam Williamson <awilliam@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hey, folks. gnome-power-preferences seems to have disappeared with
> gnome-power-manager 2.31, as does gnome-volume-control with gnome-media
> 2.31. Is there some kind of replacement plan for these?

It's now a control panel widget. Type "gnome-control-center power" to
open the familiar dialog, or use the icon in the menus.

Richard.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:51 PM
Bastien Nocera

On Sat, 2010-07-17 at 09:45 +0100, pbrobinson@gmail.com wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 10:46 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam@redhat.com> wrote:
> > Hey, folks. gnome-power-preferences seems to have disappeared with
> > gnome-power-manager 2.31, as does gnome-volume-control with gnome-media
> > 2.31. Is there some kind of replacement plan for these?
>
> I think these are important for those that need to stay with the old
> panel style desktop because their GPU doesn't support 3D and for those
> that just prefer it.

Huh, what?

Old 07-18-2010, 08:20 AM
Adam Williamson

On Sat, 2010-07-17 at 20:51 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-07-17 at 09:45 +0100, pbrobinson@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 10:46 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam@redhat.com> wrote:
> > > Hey, folks. gnome-power-preferences seems to have disappeared with
> > > gnome-power-manager 2.31, as does gnome-volume-control with gnome-media
> > > 2.31. Is there some kind of replacement plan for these?
> >
> > I think these are important for those that need to stay with the old
> > panel style desktop because their GPU doesn't support 3D and for those
> > that just prefer it.
>
> Huh, what?

I think the assumption was that they'd been removed in favour of
something GNOME Shell only, or something. (Which obviously isn't the
case, given Richard's reply.)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Old 07-18-2010, 08:20 AM
Adam Williamson

On Sat, 2010-07-17 at 11:08 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 16 July 2010 22:46, Adam Williamson <awilliam@redhat.com> wrote:
> > Hey, folks. gnome-power-preferences seems to have disappeared with
> > gnome-power-manager 2.31, as does gnome-volume-control with gnome-media
> > 2.31. Is there some kind of replacement plan for these?
>
> It's now a control panel widget. Type "gnome-control-center power" to
> open the familiar dialog, or use the icon in the menus.

Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey