Old 06-08-2010, 08:59 AM
Ankur Sinha

Default help with nautilus-pastebin extension

hey,

I recently packaged nautilus-pastebin. I tested it successfully, so did
Rahul [1]

A few days ago, it stopped functioning. That is, a right click no longer
shows a "send to pastebin" option. I'm sure this isn't an error in the
nautilus-pastebin package since it's the same package that functioned
properly a few days back and Rahul and me tested.

How do I find out what update to what package caused this ?

regards,
Ankur

[1] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/nautilus-pastebin

Old 06-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Martin Sourada

Hi Ankur,

On Tue, 2010-06-08 at 14:29 +0530, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> hey,
>
> I recently packaged nautilus-pastebin. I tested it successfully, so did
> Rahul [1]
>
> A few days ago, it stopped functioning. That is, a right click no longer
> shows a "send to pastebin" option. I'm sure this isn't an error in the
> nautilus-pastebin package since it's the same package that functioned
> properly a few days back and Rahul and me tested.
>
> How do I find out what update to what package caused this ?

Try to run nautilus from terminal (you'll need a separate instance, so
run it as different user than you're logged in as) and look for any
error messages, it might help.

Cheers,
Martin

Old 06-13-2010, 11:24 AM
Ankur Sinha

On Tue, 2010-06-08 at 12:51 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> Hi Ankur,
>
> On Tue, 2010-06-08 at 14:29 +0530, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> > hey,
> >
> > I recently packaged nautilus-pastebin. I tested it successfully, so did
> > Rahul [1]
> >
> > A few days ago, it stopped functioning. That is, a right click no longer
> > shows a "send to pastebin" option. I'm sure this isn't an error in the
> > nautilus-pastebin package since it's the same package that functioned
> > properly a few days back and Rahul and me tested.
> >
> > How do I find out what update to what package caused this ?
>
> Try to run nautilus from terminal (you'll need a separate instance, so
> run it as different user than you're logged in as) and look for any
> error messages, it might help.
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

hey,

I tried this. I set up a dummy user on my fully updated F13 (on a VM)
and ran nautilus for this user from the terminal. On right clicking a
file, this is what I got:

> [test@localhost ~]$ nautilus
> Initializing nautilus-gdu extension
> Init gajim plugin
> Init nautilus burn plugin
> Init pidgin plugin
> Init removable-devices plugin
> Init evolution plugin
> Init empathy plugin

Which shows no signs of nautilus-pastebin at all !

> [test@localhost ~]$ rpm -q nautilus-pastebin
> nautilus-pastebin-0.4.1-6.fc13.i686

Now what?

Thanks,
regards,
Ankur

Old 06-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Martin Sourada

Hi,

On Sun, 2010-06-13 at 16:54 +0530, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> hey,
>
> I tried this. I set up a dummy user on my fully updated F13 (on a VM)
> and ran nautilus for this user from the terminal. On right clicking a
> file, this is what I got:
>

> > [test@localhost ~]$ nautilus
> > Initializing nautilus-gdu extension
> > Init gajim plugin
> > Init nautilus burn plugin
> > Init pidgin plugin
> > Init removable-devices plugin
> > Init evolution plugin
> > Init empathy plugin
>
> Which shows no signs of nautilus-pastebin at all !
>

> > [test@localhost ~]$ rpm -q nautilus-pastebin
> > nautilus-pastebin-0.4.1-6.fc13.i686
>
> Now what?
on a closer inspection one idea springs to mind -- do you have
nautilus-python installed? This is apparently a python extension and
that wouldn't load without nautilus-python, which I however do not see
in its requires... If even that is satisfied, I have no other ideas what
might be wrong...

Martin

Old 06-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Ankur Sinha

hey,

On Sun, 2010-06-13 at 16:54 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> Hi,

> on a closer inspection one idea springs to mind -- do you have
> nautilus-python installed? This is apparently a python extension and
> that wouldn't load without nautilus-python, which I however do not see
> in its requires... If even that is satisfied, I have no other ideas what
> might be wrong...
>
> Martin

Well, believe it or not, this was it. (I feel so dumb right now)

/me goes to push an update.

Thanks a bunch!

regards,
Ankur