Old 03-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Colin Walters

Default Rename fedora-livecd-desktop to fedora-live-desktop.ks, add -cd.ks

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 11:17:54 -0400,
> *Colin Walters <walters@verbum.org> wrote:
>>
>> Update: New size is:
>>
>> -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 946864128 2010-03-23 11:02
>> livecd-fedora-live-desktop-201003231038.iso
>>
>> Which doesn't leave a lot of room for a persistent overlay on a 1GB
>> USB key. *I'll dive into this. *It's probably worth staying under
>> 900MB.
>
> Note this increase in size may have cascading affects on other spins putting
> them over their target sizes. Whatever you do with this, it would be nice
> for it to happen very soon so that other people have time to make any
> fixes needed to get their spins under size again before beta.

Actually fedora-live-base.ks is unchanged, which is a bug. I'll
refactor this so that the minimization of live-base.ks is also split
off from the fundamentals of a live OS.

I have no plans to affect other spins, ultimately.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Colin Walters

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Jeroen van Meeuwen
<kanarip@kanarip.com> wrote:
> On 03/23/2010 03:45 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
>> See attached.
>>

> I think the non-cd.ks (fedora-live-desktop.ks) is supposed to be called
> fedora-livedvd-desktop.ks?

Well I don't like the "dvd" terminology because then it gets really
confusing with the Standalone Anaconda DVD. I settled on just "live".

However I've renamed fedora-live-desktop-cd.ks back to
fedora-livecd-desktop.ks which actually makes things less confusing.

Basically, now:

fedora-live-desktop.ks - Default desktop image, currently targeting < 1G
fedora-livecd-desktop.ks - At least Firefox, Anaconda, Palimpsest,
then other things as we can fit them. Turning an install of this into
default desktop is now simply "yum install @gnome-desktop".

> Could you please also update the Makefile.am?

Done, thanks!

Old 03-24-2010, 05:17 PM
Adam Williamson

On Wed, 2010-03-24 at 13:29 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Jeroen van Meeuwen
> <kanarip@kanarip.com> wrote:
> > On 03/23/2010 03:45 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
> >> See attached.
> >>

> > I think the non-cd.ks (fedora-live-desktop.ks) is supposed to be called
> > fedora-livedvd-desktop.ks?
>
> Well I don't like the "dvd" terminology because then it gets really
> confusing with the Standalone Anaconda DVD. I settled on just "live".

Also, it's probably going to get written to more USB sticks than DVDs...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey