Old 03-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Bill Nottingham

Default Rename fedora-livecd-desktop to fedora-live-desktop.ks, add -cd.ks

Colin Walters (walters@verbum.org) said:
> +smartmontools
>
> Since this is another send-mail-to-root-that's-never-seen subsystem, I
> think we should kick this out of @base and into
> @traditional-unix-server. But since that comps group doesn't exist,
> for now I will explicitly exclude it in -desktop.ks.

GDU is doing these sorts of notifications for the desktop, right?

> +specspo
>
> Is this maintained/useful?

No, and not really, in order.

> +hplip
>
> Someone who knows about printing; is this included in
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/AutomaticPrintDriverInstallation
> ?

According to the maintainer, no. hplip contains fax support, command line tools,
and other enhancements. The drivers themselves are in hpijs, which is
handled by the automatic print driver installation.

> +acpid

This is pointless on GNOME/KDE desktops.

> +samba-client

Is this really needed in the desktop with gvfs/gnome-vfs SMB
support?

> +system-config-boot
> +system-config-language
> +system-config-lvm
> +system-config-network
> +system-config-services

boot, network, and lvm can likely be removed.

Bill