Old 03-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Hristo Petkov

Default Prevention of hosting a virus

Hi Guys,
How can I check up whether my computer has some 'unwanted .com' files and clean them up.

I will tell you why I am asking this.
I am not worried about my computer - it is made to be such an 'iron' that it is unable to execute .com files at all, BUT if a .doc file for example catches a virus it may infect some other computers (for example of clients).

I catched a virus renaming a .doc file into .com.doc which when printed 'overasleep' the printer. I managed with this - I deleted the printer and installed it again and everything is O.K. The .doc file is gone and the information saved in a new file.

Yet I have a suspicion that there may be 'something remained'.
How can I check up and clean up the system.

Regards