Old 02-21-2010, 11:18 PM

Default Desktopcouchdb and Gwibber

Hi all,

I've had a look through some of the archives, but I haven't seen any
discussion about this for a while, and it was recommended I try this list
for some comments.

Has anyone looked at a package for desktopcouchdb for Fedora?
https://launchpad.net/desktopcouch

It's gone through a few releases, and it's a dependancy for new releases
of the Gwibber micro-blogging client, which is currently in Fedora (if a
few versions behind).

I'm new to packaging, but I have resources to run some VMs to build and
test to get things working.

I would be interested in putting together a package, along with updated
packages for Gwibber, if there was some interest?

Cheers,
Dagan McGregor

Old 02-21-2010, 11:50 PM
Christoph Wickert

Am Montag, den 22.02.2010, 13:18 +1300 schrieb ardrigh@acsonline.co.nz:

> Has anyone looked at a package for desktopcouchdb for Fedora?
> https://launchpad.net/desktopcouch

I packaged it together with lernid but handed everything over to
Sebastian Dziallas, because I'm not interested in maintaining it. Ask
sdz @ fpo for details.

Regards,
Christoph

Old 02-22-2010, 02:21 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 01:50:01AM +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Montag, den 22.02.2010, 13:18 +1300 schrieb ardrigh@acsonline.co.nz:
>
> > Has anyone looked at a package for desktopcouchdb for Fedora?
> > https://launchpad.net/desktopcouch
>
> I packaged it together with lernid but handed everything over to
> Sebastian Dziallas, because I'm not interested in maintaining it. Ask
> sdz @ fpo for details.

I think what I tried started with Thomas van der Stichele's work:

http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/packages/SPECS/desktopcouch.spec
http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/packages/SRPMS/desktopcouch-0.6.1-1.fc12.src.rpm

I would heartily endorse anyone picking up these packages as a
maintainer, getting them reviewed, etc.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:43 PM

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 10:21:13 -0500, "Paul W. Frields"
<stickster@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 01:50:01AM +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>> Am Montag, den 22.02.2010, 13:18 +1300 schrieb ardrigh@acsonline.co.nz:
>>
>> > Has anyone looked at a package for desktopcouchdb for Fedora?
>> > https://launchpad.net/desktopcouch
>>
>> I packaged it together with lernid but handed everything over to
>> Sebastian Dziallas, because I'm not interested in maintaining it. Ask
>> sdz @ fpo for details.
>
> I think what I tried started with Thomas van der Stichele's work:
>
> http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/packages/SPECS/desktopcouch.spec

http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/packages/SRPMS/desktopcouch-0.6.1-1.fc12.src.rpm

> I would heartily endorse anyone picking up these packages as a
> maintainer, getting them reviewed, etc.

Thanks Paul.

I've been busy with Real Life, so haven't had time to look at this
properly, but it's my plan for the coming weekend to look at this further.

Cheers,
Dagan