Old 12-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Matthias Clasen

Default packaging tidbits

Quick reminder, there have been some changes in the packaging guidelines
that affect many desktop packages:

- the standard icon cache snipplet has been reworked:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets#Icon_Cache

- scrollkeeper-update calls are no longer required:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets#Scrollkeeper

It might be worth cleaning those things up in passing while updating
packages.

Matthias

Old 01-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Christoph Wickert

Am Dienstag, den 22.12.2009, 11:34 -0500 schrieb Matthias Clasen:
> Quick reminder, there have been some changes in the packaging guidelines
> that affect many desktop packages:
>
> - the standard icon cache snipplet has been reworked:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets#Icon_Cache
>
> - scrollkeeper-update calls are no longer required:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets#Scrollkeeper

Thanks for the notice. This not only affects Gnome people, so I wonder
why this was not announced to all maintainers.

> Matthias

Regards,
Christoph

Old 01-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Matthias Clasen

On Tue, 2010-01-05 at 22:15 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 22.12.2009, 11:34 -0500 schrieb Matthias Clasen:
> > Quick reminder, there have been some changes in the packaging guidelines
> > that affect many desktop packages:
> >
> > - the standard icon cache snipplet has been reworked:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets#Icon_Cache
> >
> > - scrollkeeper-update calls are no longer required:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets#Scrollkeeper
>
> Thanks for the notice. This not only affects Gnome people, so I wonder
> why this was not announced to all maintainers.

Because I am not the spokesperson of the packaging committee...

Old 01-05-2010, 11:49 PM
Christoph Wickert

Am Dienstag, den 05.01.2010, 16:58 -0500 schrieb Matthias Clasen:
> On Tue, 2010-01-05 at 22:15 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, den 22.12.2009, 11:34 -0500 schrieb Matthias Clasen:
> > > Quick reminder, there have been some changes in the packaging guidelines
> > > that affect many desktop packages:
> > >
> > > - the standard icon cache snipplet has been reworked:
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets#Icon_Cache
> > >
> > > - scrollkeeper-update calls are no longer required:
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets#Scrollkeeper
> >
> > Thanks for the notice. This not only affects Gnome people, so I wonder
> > why this was not announced to all maintainers.
>
> Because I am not the spokesperson of the packaging committee...

Right, that wasn't meant to be criticism, at least not addressed to you.
I'm glad you announced it here, sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Regards,
Christoph