Old 12-08-2009, 12:37 AM
Matthias Clasen

Default F13 sightings

Most of the desktop team is still busy trying to dig out from under the
abrt-induced bugslide...or put more positively, focusing on making F12
better.

But nevertheless, some new things are happening in F13. Two things I
wanted to point out here are

a) Richard has landed the first release of his color calibration
utility. Install gnome-color-manager to try it out. Over the next few
days, we should also get the necessary integration landed, so that color
profiles get automatically applied when you log in or plug in a monitor.

b) David has built a snapshot of gnome-disk-utility that sports a
greatly improved UI and a wealth of new features, from disk-benchmarking
over RAID management to SAS expanders. The new gnome-disk-utility
depends on the udisks package, which is the new, final name of
DeviceKit-disks.

Matthias

Old 12-08-2009, 12:44 AM
Rahul Sundaram

On 12/08/2009 07:07 AM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Most of the desktop team is still busy trying to dig out from under the
> abrt-induced bugslide...or put more positively, focusing on making F12
> better.
>
> But nevertheless, some new things are happening in F13. Two things I
> wanted to point out here are
>
> a) Richard has landed the first release of his color calibration
> utility. Install gnome-color-manager to try it out. Over the next few
> days, we should also get the necessary integration landed, so that color
> profiles get automatically applied when you log in or plug in a monitor.
>
> b) David has built a snapshot of gnome-disk-utility that sports a
> greatly improved UI and a wealth of new features, from disk-benchmarking
> over RAID management to SAS expanders. The new gnome-disk-utility
> depends on the udisks package, which is the new, final name of
> DeviceKit-disks.

If you want to add notes,

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_Alpha_release_notes

Might also consider putting up feature pages

Rahul

Old 12-08-2009, 08:42 AM
Richard Hughes

2009/12/8 Matthias Clasen <mclasen@redhat.com>:
> a) Richard has landed the first release of his color calibration
> utility. Install gnome-color-manager to try it out. Over the next few
> days, we should also get the necessary integration landed, so that color
> profiles get automatically applied when you log in or plug in a monitor.

Yup, I've not yet been deluged with bugreports, so it's looking pretty
stable, even with the "first release" label. If you do find a bug,
there's a mailing list
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnome-color-manager-list which
might be interesting to you. Bug reports (and patches if possible) are
most welcome.

Thanks.

Richard.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:04 AM
Richard Hughes

2009/12/8 Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@fedoraproject.org>:
> Might also consider putting up feature pages

As requested: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ColorManagement

Richard.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Máirín Duffy

Hi Richard,

On Tue, 2009-12-08 at 09:42 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Yup, I've not yet been deluged with bugreports, so it's looking pretty
> stable, even with the "first release" label. If you do find a bug,
> there's a mailing list
> http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnome-color-manager-list which
> might be interesting to you. Bug reports (and patches if possible) are
> most welcome.

I was wondering - are the vendor-provided color profiles packageable? Do
you know what the legalities are around that? Do they have licenses? Are
they considered software?

(I was thinking it would be sweet to install the color profiles via
package kit rather than scour the web for them)

Thanks,
~m

Old 12-09-2009, 07:51 AM
Richard Hughes

2009/12/8 Máirín Duffy <duffy@fedoraproject.org>:
> Hi Richard,
>
> On Tue, 2009-12-08 at 09:42 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
>> Yup, I've not yet been deluged with bugreports, so it's looking pretty
>> stable, even with the "first release" label. If you do find a bug,
>> there's a mailing list
>> http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnome-color-manager-list which
>> might be interesting to you. Bug reports (and patches if possible) are
>> most welcome.
>
> I was wondering - are the vendor-provided color profiles packageable? Do
> you know what the legalities are around that? Do they have licenses? Are
> they considered software?
>
> (I was thinking it would be sweet to install the color profiles via
> package kit rather than scour the web for them)

I'm already there:
http://blogs.gnome.org/hughsie/2009/12/08/shared-color-profiles/

Richard.