Old 11-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Hristo Petkov

Default Making Fedora more user-friendly

Hi Matthias,

I am not sure exactly what kind of a desktop I am using (under f11 - I have software from the five continents) and I noticed when working on the computer two inconveniences.

1. When copying some files. on the USB drive I cannot take away the USB card (for the copied files are usually damaged without issuing a bug report). I had to shut down the computer for everything to be O.K.

2. When copying a disk by the DVD Gnome Backer (it is much faster than the one going with F11, burning directly on the DVD/CD) and after closing the program by the GUI, the program is not closed (issuing a bug report) but everything with the disk processing is usually O.K. (I apologise if this issue has to be addressed to somebody else).

Could you advise me something, pls.

Regards,
Christo Petkov

Old 11-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Ray Strode

I am not sure exactly what kind of a desktop I am using (under f11 - I
have software from the five continents) and I noticed when working on
the computer two inconveniences.

1. When copying some files. on the USB drive I cannot take away the USB
card (for the copied files are usually damaged without issuing a bug
report). I had to shut down the computer for everything to be O.K.

You need to right click on the drive and choose the "Safely Remove
Drive" option before pulling it out.

2. When copying a disk by the DVD Gnome Backer (it is much faster than
the one going with F11, burning directly on the DVD/CD) and after
closing the program by the GUI, the program is not closed (issuing a
bug report) but everything with the disk processing is usually O.K. (I
apologise if this issue has to be addressed to somebody else).

I actually don't know what DVD Gnome Backer is, but if it's crashing on
exit your best option is to report it to bugzilla at

http://bugzilla.redhat.com

So the maintainer can investigate.

--Ray