Old 11-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Default How to set policy for user on specific folder from drive

*

> That's not under policykit's

remit, really. policykit can deal with

> policies regarding mounting
drives, but not what you get to see on

what

> drive. That would appear to be
exactly what good old file/folder

> permissions and/or ACLs are for? Why can't you do that?

Understood about file/folder permission but the mounting drive is a
concern.

For a better clarification , say there are multiple users (3) in this
scenario: user1, user2, and user3.

*user1 has bar1, user2 has bar2 and user3

has none. I set rules for policykit to mount for all but user3 under
/media/foo. I created a symlink for all but user3

from /media/foo/barX on desktop (Gnome environment for example).
/media/foo icon is displayed on desktop; is it possible to hide it?

Another question

User1 logs in and switched to another session for user2. Then user2
switch to another session for user3 who

cannot access to /media/foo as expected.

Will /media/foo be mounted for both user1 and user2 and bar1 folder not
accessible for user1?

I just want to get familiar with this new policy having used to
system->preferences->Authorization.

- --

Luya Tshimbalanga

Graphic & Web Designer