-   -   Where did the Shutdown button go ? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-desktop/273499-where-did-shutdown-button-go.html)

Matthias Clasen 11-02-2009 04:48 PM

Where did the Shutdown button go ?

Since I have gotten a question whether this is intentional, I'll mention
it here: the latest gdm builds (since sometime early last week, I
believe) don't have the Shutdown/Suspend/Hibernate) buttons in the
greeter window anymore. Instead, there is a button with the 'power off'
icon in the lower right corner which provides access to this
functionality.

Matthias

"Paul W. Frields" 11-02-2009 05:42 PM

On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 12:48:12PM -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Since I have gotten a question whether this is intentional, I'll mention
> it here: the latest gdm builds (since sometime early last week, I
> believe) don't have the Shutdown/Suspend/Hibernate) buttons in the
> greeter window anymore. Instead, there is a button with the 'power off'
> icon in the lower right corner which provides access to this
> functionality.

Speaking just for myself as a general user, this made a lot more sense
than having to select a user to get some of these functions, which
ISTR is what happened previously. Looks cleaner too.