FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Desktop

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Matthias Clasen
 
Default Some blurriness in gnome desktop

On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 13:45 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 12:35 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 09:48 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > > On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 13:47 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:
> > >
> > > >
> > > > I think fixing these would nicely fit with your "polishes for F12"
> > > > project.
> > > >
> > >
> > > Yes, thanks for pointing these out.
> > Matthias,
> >
> > going through the tooltips patch, I found these problems:
> > in fill_background():
> > + draw_round_rect (cr,
> > + 1.0, 1, 1, radius,
> > + widget->allocation.width - 2,
> > + widget->allocation.height - 2);
> > should be
> > + draw_round_rect (cr,
> > + 1.0, 0.5, 0.5, radius,
> > + widget->allocation.width - 1,
> > + widget->allocation.height - 1);
> So, just built and tested -> this is enough to make it look crisp.
>
> > and in update_shape()
> > + draw_round_rect (cr, 1.0, 0, 0, 4, width, height);
> > you are ignoring radius setting.
> Hrm, this one is hard to get looking good... The best setting I've came
> up with is radius + 1 instead of 4.
>

Thanks for looking into this, Martin.

I'm just building gtk2 and metacity packages that should fix this. Care
to try them out and tell me if they match your quality standards ?

gtk2-2.18.3-13.fc12
metacity-2.28.0-5.fc12

Then I'll have them tagged.

--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 
Old 10-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Matthias Clasen
 
Default Some blurriness in gnome desktop

On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 12:54 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 12:35 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:
> > and in update_shape()
> > + draw_round_rect (cr, 1.0, 0, 0, 4, width, height);
> > you are ignoring radius setting.
> >
> I forgot to mention, that you should use radius + 0.5 to get the shape
> correctly.
>
> I just thought about the actual implementation, and as an engine
> developer, long-term I'd prefer more systematical change. I.e. let an
> engine handle the drawing and ask the engine for the desired tooltip
> shape as well (if not composited). That way we could implement it in a
> clean way in engines, with radius as set in engine options (as opposed
> to counting the radius from x/ythickness) and with our custom styling.

Can you add those comments in

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=599617

That would be great.


Thanks, Matthias

--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 
Old 10-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Martin Sourada
 
Default Some blurriness in gnome desktop

On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 12:42 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Thanks for looking into this, Martin.
>
> I'm just building gtk2 and metacity packages that should fix this. Care
> to try them out and tell me if they match your quality standards ?
>
> gtk2-2.18.3-13.fc12
> metacity-2.28.0-5.fc12
>
> Then I'll have them tagged.
>
Well, apart from the fact that you've disabled the opt-in switch for
themes again, as long as the crispness of the design is concerned, these
are fine with me :-)

Martin
--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 
Old 10-28-2009, 09:50 PM
Matthias Clasen
 
Default Some blurriness in gnome desktop

On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 18:01 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 12:42 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > Thanks for looking into this, Martin.
> >
> > I'm just building gtk2 and metacity packages that should fix this. Care
> > to try them out and tell me if they match your quality standards ?
> >
> > gtk2-2.18.3-13.fc12
> > metacity-2.28.0-5.fc12
> >
> > Then I'll have them tagged.
> >
> Well, apart from the fact that you've disabled the opt-in switch for
> themes again, as long as the crispness of the design is concerned, these
> are fine with me :-)

Yeah, sorry about that. I've fixed that and a few other issues in
another round of builds.

--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 
Old 10-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Martin Sourada
 
Default Some blurriness in gnome desktop

On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 18:50 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 18:01 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:
> > Well, apart from the fact that you've disabled the opt-in switch for
> > themes again, as long as the crispness of the design is concerned, these
> > are fine with me :-)
>
> Yeah, sorry about that. I've fixed that and a few other issues in
> another round of builds.
>
Thanks

Martin
--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:55 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org