Old 03-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Jeremy Hankenson

Default IdeaForge

While this is probably not the correct mailing list but the closest I could find.

I purpose that Fedora implement a "Ideaforge" or "Brainstorm" like functionality for the Fedora Distribution. These examples can be found at:

http://ideaforge.linux.com/ * brainstorm.ubuntu.com

to see the kind of functionality I am talking about. I believe an easy way to suggest Ideas to this distribution is a good community effort and is should be implemented through all distributions. Having to the ability suggest, rate, and comment on Ideas the Users want is definitely something that would allow us to put fourth our opinions and suggestions in a easy and convenient way to the Fedora Devs, while leaving the mailing lists for the developers and the "IdeaForge" for the users.

Thoughs?

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for Hotmail®. See how.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:49 PM
Bastien Nocera

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 18:48 -0500, Jeremy Hankenson wrote:
> While this is probably not the correct mailing list but the closest I
> could find.
>
> I purpose that Fedora implement a "Ideaforge" or "Brainstorm" like
> functionality for the Fedora Distribution. These examples can be found
> at:
>
> http://ideaforge.linux.com/ * brainstorm.ubuntu.com

Most of the time this is full of:
- bad ideas
- good ideas that are already in bugzilla
- good ideas that are already on the long-term plans for the
distribution/desktop as a whole

Last time I looked at Ubuntu's Brainstorm, I found _1_ good idea. Turns
out it was already on my TODO list, and is implemented in F11[1].

Cheers

[1]: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Fingerprint

Old 03-11-2009, 06:26 AM
Nicu Buculei

Bastien Nocera wrote:

While this is probably not the correct mailing list but the closest I
could find.

I purpose that Fedora implement a "Ideaforge" or "Brainstorm" like
functionality for the Fedora Distribution. These examples can be found
at:

http://ideaforge.linux.com/ * brainstorm.ubuntu.com

Most of the time this is full of:
- bad ideas
- good ideas that are already in bugzilla
- good ideas that are already on the long-term plans for the
distribution/desktop as a whole

There are also "absolutely hilarious ideas", like hiring Fedora art team
to help with Ubuntu artwork and advertising
(http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/5992/)

Old 03-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Nicu Buculei wrote:

Bastien Nocera wrote:

While this is probably not the correct mailing list but the closest I
could find.
I purpose that Fedora implement a "Ideaforge" or "Brainstorm" like
functionality for the Fedora Distribution. These examples can be found
at:
http://ideaforge.linux.com/ * brainstorm.ubuntu.com

Most of the time this is full of:
- bad ideas
- good ideas that are already in bugzilla
- good ideas that are already on the long-term plans for the
distribution/desktop as a whole

There are also "absolutely hilarious ideas", like hiring Fedora art team
to help with Ubuntu artwork and advertising
(http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/5992/)

Some of my favourites include

Idea #11730: Make developers pay attention to the ideas in this site

http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/11730/

or

Idea #15205: Replace Xorg with Wayland

http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/15205/