FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Desktop

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Matthias Clasen
 
Default Switching to brasero

Gnome 2.26 is making brasero the default cd burning application in
favour of nautilus-cd-burner. I think we should switch to using Brasero
in the desktop spin as well.

Bastien has done a lot of the work to make this change not regression.
Basically, unless you explicitly start brasero, the cd burning user
experience should be pretty much unchanged.


Comments ?

Matthias

--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 
Old 03-06-2009, 06:16 PM
David Nielsen
 
Default Switching to brasero

2009/3/6 Matthias Clasen <mclasen@redhat.com>

Gnome 2.26 is making brasero the default cd burning application in

favour of nautilus-cd-burner. I think we should switch to using Brasero

in the desktop spin as well.



Bastien has done a lot of the work to make this change not regression.

Basically, unless you explicitly start brasero, the cd burning user

experience should be pretty much unchanged.



Comments ?

I have recently been using this to burn a lot of ISO images to rewritables and I must say the integration has improved massively. The verfication of burned discs is a lifesaver. Aside the fact that translations at least for danish are very incomplete compared to n-c-b I would say yes.


- David

--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 
Old 03-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Tosh
 
Default Switching to brasero

David Nielsen wrote:



2009/3/6 Matthias Clasen <mclasen@redhat.com <mailto:mclasen@redhat.com>>

Gnome 2.26 is making brasero the default cd burning application in
favour of nautilus-cd-burner. I think we should switch to using Brasero
in the desktop spin as well.

Bastien has done a lot of the work to make this change not regression.
Basically, unless you explicitly start brasero, the cd burning user
experience should be pretty much unchanged.

Comments ?


I have recently been using this to burn a lot of ISO images to
rewritables and I must say the integration has improved massively. The
verfication of burned discs is a lifesaver. Aside the fact that
translations at least for danish are very incomplete compared to n-c-b I
would say yes.

- David


very welcome !!!
nautilus-cd-burner crashes a lot and makes nautilus unnecessary unstable
brasero is a good gnome alternative to k3b


--
Toshaan <toshlinux@gmail.com> - http://www.toshaan.be

--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 
Old 03-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Bastien Nocera
 
Default Switching to brasero

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 22:40 +0100, Tosh wrote:
> David Nielsen wrote:
> >
> >
> > 2009/3/6 Matthias Clasen <mclasen@redhat.com <mailto:mclasen@redhat.com>>
> >
> > Gnome 2.26 is making brasero the default cd burning application in
> > favour of nautilus-cd-burner. I think we should switch to using Brasero
> > in the desktop spin as well.
> >
> > Bastien has done a lot of the work to make this change not regression.
> > Basically, unless you explicitly start brasero, the cd burning user
> > experience should be pretty much unchanged.
> >
> > Comments ?
> >
> >
> > I have recently been using this to burn a lot of ISO images to
> > rewritables and I must say the integration has improved massively. The
> > verfication of burned discs is a lifesaver. Aside the fact that
> > translations at least for danish are very incomplete compared to n-c-b I
> > would say yes.
> >
> > - David
> >
> very welcome !!!
> nautilus-cd-burner crashes a lot and makes nautilus unnecessary unstable

Given that it doesn't run in the same process, I'd call that a lie...


--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 
Old 03-08-2009, 11:52 PM
Bastien Nocera
 
Default Switching to brasero

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 12:56 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Gnome 2.26 is making brasero the default cd burning application in
> favour of nautilus-cd-burner. I think we should switch to using Brasero
> in the desktop spin as well.
>
> Bastien has done a lot of the work to make this change not regression.
> Basically, unless you explicitly start brasero, the cd burning user
> experience should be pretty much unchanged.

I still have to switch our version of rhythmbox to it.

Cheers

--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 
Old 03-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Tosh
 
Default Switching to brasero

Bastien Nocera wrote:

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 22:40 +0100, Tosh wrote:

David Nielsen wrote:


2009/3/6 Matthias Clasen<mclasen@redhat.com<mailto:mclasen@redhat.co m>>

Gnome 2.26 is making brasero the default cd burning application in
favour of nautilus-cd-burner. I think we should switch to using Brasero
in the desktop spin as well.

Bastien has done a lot of the work to make this change not regression.
Basically, unless you explicitly start brasero, the cd burning user
experience should be pretty much unchanged.

Comments ?


I have recently been using this to burn a lot of ISO images to
rewritables and I must say the integration has improved massively. The
verfication of burned discs is a lifesaver. Aside the fact that
translations at least for danish are very incomplete compared to n-c-b I
would say yes.

- David


very welcome !!!
nautilus-cd-burner crashes a lot and makes nautilus unnecessary unstable


Given that it doesn't run in the same process, I'd call that a lie...


ok, nautilus crashes and blames nautilus-cd-burner in its report states
the reason for crashing is nautilus-cd-burner, so I uninstalled it and
everything works fine, have had k3b running since with no problem



--
Toshaan <toshlinux@gmail.com> - http://www.toshaan.be

--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 
Old 03-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Martin Sourada
 
Default Switching to brasero

On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 00:52 +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 12:56 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > Gnome 2.26 is making brasero the default cd burning application in
> > favour of nautilus-cd-burner. I think we should switch to using Brasero
> > in the desktop spin as well.
> >
> > Bastien has done a lot of the work to make this change not regression.
> > Basically, unless you explicitly start brasero, the cd burning user
> > experience should be pretty much unchanged.
>
> I still have to switch our version of rhythmbox to it.
>
Then it means nautilus in rawhide is using brasero now for burning
optical media, or are there some steps I need to do first to be able to
test it (like removing nautilus-cd-burner package and installing
nautilus-brasero or whatever instead)?

Martin
--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 
Old 03-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Matthias Clasen
 
Default Switching to brasero

On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 15:33 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 00:52 +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 12:56 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > > Gnome 2.26 is making brasero the default cd burning application in
> > > favour of nautilus-cd-burner. I think we should switch to using Brasero
> > > in the desktop spin as well.
> > >
> > > Bastien has done a lot of the work to make this change not regression.
> > > Basically, unless you explicitly start brasero, the cd burning user
> > > experience should be pretty much unchanged.
> >
> > I still have to switch our version of rhythmbox to it.
> >
> Then it means nautilus in rawhide is using brasero now for burning
> optical media, or are there some steps I need to do first to be able to
> test it (like removing nautilus-cd-burner package and installing
> nautilus-brasero or whatever instead)?

Removing n-c-b and installing brasero should do it. If you have both
installed, you get to choose (either in System > Preferences > File
Management / Media, or in the 'Ask what to do' dialog).

--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 
Old 03-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Matthias Clasen
 
Default Switching to brasero

On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 00:52 +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 12:56 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > Gnome 2.26 is making brasero the default cd burning application in
> > favour of nautilus-cd-burner. I think we should switch to using Brasero
> > in the desktop spin as well.
> >
> > Bastien has done a lot of the work to make this change not regression.
> > Basically, unless you explicitly start brasero, the cd burning user
> > experience should be pretty much unchanged.
>
> I still have to switch our version of rhythmbox to it.

I just saw the following go by:

* Mon Mar 09 2009 - Bastien Nocera <bnocera@redhat.com> -
0.11.6-30.r6184
- Update to r6184
- Change default burner plugin to brasero

I have now changed comps settings to "default" for brasero and
"optional" for nautilus-cd-burner.

--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 
Old 03-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Martin Sourada
 
Default Switching to brasero

On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 10:55 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Removing n-c-b and installing brasero should do it. If you have both
Does not look like this helps... Tried burning after that and nautilus
just crashed. After that, no Burn button is to be seen anywhere. Burning
directly with Brasero seems to work fine though. I'll recheck when I
reboot if it helps.

> installed, you get to choose (either in System > Preferences > File
> Management / Media, or in the 'Ask what to do' dialog).
>
I do not see anywhere how to set which back-end will be used for
burn:/// in nautilus.

Martin
--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:25 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org