Old 02-11-2009, 03:28 PM
Ali Sobhi

Default F10, Gnome Desktop and VMware

I have VMware 1.0.8 on F10 (Intel, 32-bit)
and Gnome Desktop.

Starting VMware and booting a WinXP
image, when left-clicking inside the VMware window to transfer the keyboard
and mouse to the

VM running (or ^G or grab input from
the menu) resets the desktop and X server and I get a login screen.

Has anyone seen this? How do *I
go about debugging this issue.l

PS. VMware 1.0.8 and the same image
behaves fine on RHEL 5 and Ubuntu Hardy (8.04)

Regards,

---Ali Sobhi

Old 02-11-2009, 06:07 PM
Christof Haerens

Ali Sobhi wrote:
I have VMware 1.0.8 on
F10 (Intel, 32-bit)
and Gnome Desktop.

Starting VMware and booting a WinXP
image, when left-clicking inside the VMware window to transfer the
keyboard
and mouse to the

VM running (or ^G or grab input from
the menu) resets the desktop and X server and I get a login screen.

Has anyone seen this? How do *I
go about debugging this issue.l

PS. VMware 1.0.8 and the same image
behaves fine on RHEL 5 and Ubuntu Hardy (8.04)

Regards,

---Ali Sobhi

Hi,

See this: http://communities.vmware.com/thread/177321

It's for vmware player, but applies also for server and workstation.

Besides, I presume you are using vmware server 1.0.8 with
vmware-server-console. If you have vmware server on another machine and
the vmware-server-console on F10, edit the /etc/vmware/config on the
F10.

Regards

Christof Haerens