Old 02-10-2009, 05:45 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Default Thunderbird 3

Hi

Are there plans to include Thunderbird 3 in Fedora 11?

Rahul

Old 02-14-2009, 11:35 PM
Christopher Aillon

On 02/10/2009 01:45 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Hi

Are there plans to include Thunderbird 3 in Fedora 11?

That depends on how willing we are to slip for it. I'm doubtful it will
be released in time for our release, however there's always a chance.
Which makes it a tough decision, and one I've been pondering since
December. Personally, I'd love to see it in, but regardless of what
happens in the final, if nothing else, it will make it as an update (to
all other releases too). I'll be continuing to monitor it and make a
decision in time for feature freeze.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Christopher Aillon

Are there plans to include Thunderbird 3 in Fedora 11?

That depends on how willing we are to slip for it. I'm doubtful it will
be released in time for our release, however there's always a chance.
Which makes it a tough decision, and one I've been pondering since
December. Personally, I'd love to see it in, but regardless of what
happens in the final, if nothing else, it will make it as an update (to
all other releases too). I'll be continuing to monitor it and make a
decision in time for feature freeze.

To follow up, Thunderbird 3.0 beta 2 has been built into rawhide.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Christopher Aillon wrote:

Are there plans to include Thunderbird 3 in Fedora 11?

That depends on how willing we are to slip for it. I'm doubtful it
will be released in time for our release, however there's always a
chance. Which makes it a tough decision, and one I've been pondering
since December. Personally, I'd love to see it in, but regardless of
what happens in the final, if nothing else, it will make it as an
update (to all other releases too). I'll be continuing to monitor it
and make a decision in time for feature freeze.

To follow up, Thunderbird 3.0 beta 2 has been built into rawhide.

Yes, ran into the feature page a bit earlier. Thanks.

Rahul

Old 01-26-2010, 12:37 PM
Wade Smart

I was thinking about TB3, and I know several here have moved to it to
try out, but its still not a release version. Any troubles with it yet?
Im on 9.04.

Wade
--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606

Old 01-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Dotan Cohen

> I was thinking about TB3, and I know several here have moved to it to
> try out, but its still not a release version. Any troubles with it yet?
> Im on 9.04.

Thunderbird 3 was released just about a week ago. It is a stable
release, though I usually wait for the first point-release to be sure.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

Old 01-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Jared Greenwald

I've been using it from the nightly ppa repo for months and haven't
run into any major issues. I've had to grab all of my extensions
(enigmail, lightning, etc.) from nightly build areas since they
haven't been released for 3.0 yet, but other than that, I've been
really happy with it.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:56 PM
Steve

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:31:11 -0000, Jared Greenwald
<greenwaldjared@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 8:37 AM, Wade Smart <wadesmart@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I was thinking about TB3, and I know several here have moved to it to
>> try out, but its still not a release version. Any troubles with it yet?
>> Im on 9.04.
>>
> I've been using it from the nightly ppa repo for months and haven't
> run into any major issues. I've had to grab all of my extensions
> (enigmail, lightning, etc.) from nightly build areas since they
> haven't been released for 3.0 yet, but other than that, I've been
> really happy with it.

Same here, been very well behaved. Some addons yet to be upgraded but I
can manage with out them for now.

--
Steve

Old 01-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Wade Smart

Steve wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:31:11 -0000, Jared Greenwald
> <greenwaldjared@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 8:37 AM, Wade Smart <wadesmart@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I was thinking about TB3, and I know several here have moved to it to
>>> try out, but its still not a release version. Any troubles with it yet?
>>> Im on 9.04.
>>>
>> I've been using it from the nightly ppa repo for months and haven't
>> run into any major issues. I've had to grab all of my extensions
>> (enigmail, lightning, etc.) from nightly build areas since they
>> haven't been released for 3.0 yet, but other than that, I've been
>> really happy with it.
>>

> Same here, been very well behaved. Some addons yet to be upgraded but I
> can manage with out them for now.

Well, installed TB3 (called Shredder???) and when you start it, it
flashes on the screen and... thats it.

Wade

Old 01-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Wade Smart