-   -   Snapshots and Nautilus support (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-desktop/243048-snapshots-nautilus-support.html)

Rahul Sundaram 02-10-2009 05:31 AM

Snapshots and Nautilus support

Hi,

Opensolaris time slide integrates filesystem snapshots in a pretty neat
way with Nautilus. Is anyone from the desktop team looking into
writing/porting it based on btrfs?

Essentially, there is a nautilus extension in Python that can be easily
ported and a patch for adding a time slider and restore button. A stand
alone app takes care of setting some preferences.

Rahul

Matthias Clasen 02-10-2009 02:32 PM

Snapshots and Nautilus support

> Hi,
>
> Opensolaris time slide integrates filesystem snapshots in a pretty neat
> way with Nautilus. Is anyone from the desktop team looking into
> writing/porting it based on btrfs?
>
> Essentially, there is a nautilus extension in Python that can be easily
> ported and a patch for adding a time slider and restore button. A stand
> alone app takes care of setting some preferences.

None of us is currently working on that. But it sounds like a nice
project for someone who wants to dive in and work on something cool.

Matthias

Rakesh Pandit 02-10-2009 07:12 PM

Snapshots and Nautilus support

Hi list,

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:32:16 -0500, Mathias wrote:
>On Tue, 2009-02-10 at 12:01 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Opensolaris time slide integrates filesystem snapshots in a pretty neat
>> way with Nautilus. Is anyone from the desktop team looking into
>> writing/porting it based on btrfs?
>>
>> Essentially, there is a nautilus extension in Python that can be easily
>> ported and a patch for adding a time slider and restore button. A stand
>> alone app takes care of setting some preferences.

>None of us is currently working on that. But it sounds like a nice
>project for someone who wants to dive in and work on something cool.

I had been trying to play with btrfs on rawhide some time back for
same functionality. At that moment (0.17) or even now
btrfs-progs(0.18-3) was bit unstable to work on.

Will give it a try to port the app and work on nautilus patch to
integrate this functionality.

Rakesh Pandit