Old 02-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Roman Maeder

Default firefox update bad

today there was an update to firefox, firefox-3.0.6-1.fc10.x86_64.rpm.
Now, when I try to run it, it just exits without any message.

How can I get back a working firefox? The mirrors no longer carry the older
version. I tried to install the original version,
firefox-3.0.4-1.fc10.x86_64.rpm
but it would list a ton of i386 (not x86_64) packages as dependencies.
No good.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Adrin Jalali

today there was an update to firefox, firefox-3.0.6-1.fc10.x86_64.rpm.

Now, when I try to run it, it just exits without any message.

How can I get back a working firefox? The mirrors no longer carry the older

version. I tried to install the original version,

firefox-3.0.4-1.fc10.x86_64.rpm

but it would list a ton of i386 (not x86_64) packages as dependencies.

No good.

move .mozilla folder in your home to another place and try running firefox again. That firefox works well for me.