Old 02-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Matthias Clasen

Default Menu structure change

Hey,

I have just build a redhat-menus package that gets rid of the Submenus
in Preferences. We kinda inherited them from the control-center shell,
which never really took off, and they didn't really work well, since the
categorization left people guessing which submenu to open.

This means the Preferences menu will be a bit long. We should perhaps
take it as encouragement to weed out some unnecessary things from
there...

Matthias

Old 02-06-2009, 07:12 PM
drago01

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 8:01 PM, Matthias Clasen <mclasen@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I have just build a redhat-menus package that gets rid of the Submenus
> in Preferences. We kinda inherited them from the control-center shell,
> which never really took off, and they didn't really work well, since the
> categorization left people guessing which submenu to open.

But showing a long list instead isn't much better either....

> This means the Preferences menu will be a bit long. We should perhaps
> take it as encouragement to weed out some unnecessary things from
> there...

Removing stuff will get people search for the tools in google instead
of in the other menu categories.

There must be a better solution than either "leave it as is" and "just
present a long list"