Old 01-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Default gnome-format: plans to include it?

Matthias Clasen wrote:

Hi

Any plans to include it by default in Fedora?

http://live.gnome.org/gnome-format

We're working on a nautilus extension for much the same purpose. See
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DeviceKit

Still, if somebody wants to package gnome-format and bring it into
Fedora, thats fine. But for the purpose of tightly integrated formatting
support, the nautilus extension is probably going to deliver a better
experience.

Then, there isn't much of a point duplicating it with gnome-format. Is
the developer aware of it? I am assuming, that we are getting this
nautilus extension before Fedora 11 release.

Rahul

Old 02-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Matthias Clasen

> Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 00:44 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Any plans to include it by default in Fedora?
> >>
> >> http://live.gnome.org/gnome-format
> >
> > We're working on a nautilus extension for much the same purpose. See
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DeviceKit
> >
> > Still, if somebody wants to package gnome-format and bring it into
> > Fedora, thats fine. But for the purpose of tightly integrated formatting
> > support, the nautilus extension is probably going to deliver a better
> > experience.
>
> Then, there isn't much of a point duplicating it with gnome-format. Is
> the developer aware of it? I am assuming, that we are getting this
> nautilus extension before Fedora 11 release.

Forgot to mention that the nautilus extension is in rawhide now, package
nautilus-gdu. It is still a work in progress. Currently, it only shows
up in the context menu of mounted volumes, in the computer window.

Feel free to give it a try, and give Tomas some feedback.

Matthias