Old 01-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Default GDM, session support

Hi,

What's the plan for GDM in GNOME 2.26. Are we getting things like auto
login support back?

Also, what's the status of session support?

Rahul

Old 01-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Bill Nottingham

Rahul Sundaram (sundaram@fedoraproject.org) said:
> What's the plan for GDM in GNOME 2.26. Are we getting things like auto
> login support back?

Judging from some livecds I've seen, that's still there.

> Also, what's the status of session support?

Session saving is unrelated to GDM.

Bill

Old 01-28-2009, 04:09 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Rahul Sundaram (sundaram@fedoraproject.org) said:
What's the plan for GDM in GNOME 2.26. Are we getting things like auto
login support back?

Judging from some livecds I've seen, that's still there.

We only have timed login support last I checked. There are missing
features like gdm setup as well.

Also, what's the status of session support?

Session saving is unrelated to GDM.

I am aware of that. These were two different questions.

Rahul

Old 01-29-2009, 06:17 AM
Nicu Buculei

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Bill Nottingham wrote:

Rahul Sundaram (sundaram@fedoraproject.org) said:
What's the plan for GDM in GNOME 2.26. Are we getting things like
auto login support back?

Judging from some livecds I've seen, that's still there.

We only have timed login support last I checked. There are missing
features like gdm setup as well.

I remember using gdm setup in the past mostly to change the theme, but
since the new gdm is not themable (you can only change the background
image and this is done elsewhere), I hardly see the need for a setup
application

Old 01-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Nicu Buculei wrote:

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Bill Nottingham wrote:

Rahul Sundaram (sundaram@fedoraproject.org) said:
What's the plan for GDM in GNOME 2.26. Are we getting things like
auto login support back?

Judging from some livecds I've seen, that's still there.

We only have timed login support last I checked. There are missing
features like gdm setup as well.

I remember using gdm setup in the past mostly to change the theme, but
since the new gdm is not themable (you can only change the background
image and this is done elsewhere), I hardly see the need for a setup
application

Count the number of times users have asked for it in end user forums and
it becomes obvious that we need it back. gdmsetup did a lot more than
just theme management.

Rahul