FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Desktop

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-16-2008, 04:52 AM
Dov Zamir
 
Default Problems with SCSI Disk recognition in Fedora 10

Hello Friends,

If this is not the correct place to discuss this problem, then please
accept my apologies, and kindly direct me to the correct list.


I have upgraded two of my computers from Fedora 9 to Fedora 10. The
first computer has several hard drives including SATA, ADA and an
external USB drive, the last is recognized by Fedora as a SCSI disk.
After updating this computer to F10, the boot sequence stopped while
mounting the disks. It seems that it was unable, at this point, to
recognize the UID it configured for the external disk. I commented out
the line for this disk in /etc/fstab and then successfully rebooted.
After the reboot, I removed the comment, mounet -a, and everything is
fine. The computer will not reboot without this line commented out.


A much more serious problem occurred when I upgraded a second computer.
This computer only has SCSI disks. After upgrade, the computer would not
boot, not recognizing the UID of its one and only LVM. I have not found
a solution or a workaround for this.


All my remaining computers have SCSI disks exclusively, so I am
reluctant to upgrade them.


Is this a known issue? Am I doing something wrong? This is a very
serious issue. I now have a piece of metal sitting on the floor, instead
of a web server, waiting for advice...


DZ

--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 
Old 12-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Dave Jones
 
Default Problems with SCSI Disk recognition in Fedora 10

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 07:52:40AM +0200, Dov Zamir wrote:

> A much more serious problem occurred when I upgraded a second computer.
> This computer only has SCSI disks. After upgrade, the computer would not
> boot, not recognizing the UID of its one and only LVM. I have not found
> a solution or a workaround for this.
>
> All my remaining computers have SCSI disks exclusively, so I am
> reluctant to upgrade them.
>
> Is this a known issue?

Yes.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=470628

Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk

--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 
Old 12-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Dov Zamir
 
Default Problems with SCSI Disk recognition in Fedora 10

Dave Jones wrote:


On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 07:52:40AM +0200, Dov Zamir wrote:

> A much more serious problem occurred when I upgraded a second computer.
> This computer only has SCSI disks. After upgrade, the computer would not
> boot, not recognizing the UID of its one and only LVM. I have not found
> a solution or a workaround for this.
>
> All my remaining computers have SCSI disks exclusively, so I am
> reluctant to upgrade them.
>
> Is this a known issue?


Yes.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=470628

Dave


Thanks Dave,

But this bug seems to be just a 10 delay on startup. Mine doesn't do
anything after the message.


--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 
Old 12-17-2008, 12:16 AM
Dave Jones
 
Default Problems with SCSI Disk recognition in Fedora 10

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 11:52:01PM +0200, Dov Zamir wrote:
> > > All my remaining computers have SCSI disks exclusively, so I am
> > > reluctant to upgrade them.
> > > Is this a known issue?
> >
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=470628
>
> But this bug seems to be just a 10 delay on startup. Mine doesn't do
> anything after the message.

The same problem manifests itself in several ways.
Slow booting, or no booting.

Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk

--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:58 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org