Old 12-15-2007, 09:42 PM
"Mark Bidewell"

Default KDE4 notes/problems

I don't know if these are know problems, or if KDE4 is to the point of filing bugzillas but I noticed two things after updating to KDE4 ( rawhide today)
*
1) /bin/dbus-daemon has selinux issues.* Running in enforcing mode yields "permission denied".* permissive mode works fine.
2) after the splash screen, I get no desktop.
*
Mark Bidewell

Old 12-16-2007, 08:18 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Mark Bidewell wrote:
I don't know if these are know problems, or if KDE4 is to the point of
filing bugzillas but I noticed two things after updating to KDE4 (
rawhide today)

1) /bin/dbus-daemon has selinux issues. Running in enforcing mode
yields "permission denied". permissive mode works fine.

2) after the splash screen, I get no desktop.

Fedora-test list would be more appropriate for discussing issues in
rawhide/updates testing repository. Report problems to bugzilla. For the
SELinux issue, the avc denied messages from /var/log/audit (if you have
audit daemon enabled) or /var/log/messages would be helpful.

Rahul