-   -   KDE4 notes/problems (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-desktop/20298-kde4-notes-problems.html)

"Mark Bidewell" 12-15-2007 09:42 PM

KDE4 notes/problems

I don't know if these are know problems, or if KDE4 is to the point of filing bugzillas but I noticed two things after updating to KDE4 ( rawhide today)
*
1) /bin/dbus-daemon has selinux issues.* Running in enforcing mode yields "permission denied".* permissive mode works fine.
2) after the splash screen, I get no desktop.
*
Mark Bidewell

Rahul Sundaram 12-16-2007 08:18 AM

KDE4 notes/problems

Mark Bidewell wrote:
I don't know if these are know problems, or if KDE4 is to the point of
filing bugzillas but I noticed two things after updating to KDE4 (
rawhide today)

1) /bin/dbus-daemon has selinux issues. Running in enforcing mode
yields "permission denied". permissive mode works fine.

2) after the splash screen, I get no desktop.

Fedora-test list would be more appropriate for discussing issues in
rawhide/updates testing repository. Report problems to bugzilla. For the
SELinux issue, the avc denied messages from /var/log/audit (if you have
audit daemon enabled) or /var/log/messages would be helpful.

Rahul