Old 11-20-2008, 10:15 AM
Bastien Nocera

Default gnome-dvb-daemon packaging?

Heya,

I've already got quite a few packages on my plate (upstream and
downstream), and I'm looking for somebody willing to package (and use!)
gnome-dvb-daemon:
http://www.k-d-w.org/node/58
http://live.gnome.org/DVBDaemon

I'd be happy packaging gnome-dvb-daemon itself if it comes down to that,
but I'd appreciate any help getting the dependencies into Fedora proper.

Cheers

Old 11-20-2008, 07:19 PM
"Jeffrey Ollie"

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 5:15 AM, Bastien Nocera <bnocera@redhat.com> wrote:

> I've already got quite a few packages on my plate (upstream and
> downstream), and I'm looking for somebody willing to package (and use!)
> gnome-dvb-daemon:
> http://www.k-d-w.org/node/58
> http://live.gnome.org/DVBDaemon
>
> I'd be happy packaging gnome-dvb-daemon itself if it comes down to that,
> but I'd appreciate any help getting the dependencies into Fedora proper.

gnome-dvb-daemon appears to require gst-plugins-bad, which is verboten
in Fedora. The rest of the dependencies appear to already be in
Fedora, except that libgee isn't quite new enough.

--
Jeff Ollie

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then
I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the
terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve
them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and
unfairness of the universe."

-- Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5: "A Late Delivery from Avalon"

Old 11-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Bastien Nocera

On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 14:19 -0600, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 5:15 AM, Bastien Nocera <bnocera@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've already got quite a few packages on my plate (upstream and
> > downstream), and I'm looking for somebody willing to package (and use!)
> > gnome-dvb-daemon:
> > http://www.k-d-w.org/node/58
> > http://live.gnome.org/DVBDaemon
> >
> > I'd be happy packaging gnome-dvb-daemon itself if it comes down to that,
> > but I'd appreciate any help getting the dependencies into Fedora proper.
>
> gnome-dvb-daemon appears to require gst-plugins-bad, which is verboten
> in Fedora. The rest of the dependencies appear to already be in
> Fedora, except that libgee isn't quite new enough.

We could get it in Fedora if there's some minimal functionality without
requiring gst-plugins-bad. I haven't investigated yet.