Old 10-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Jesse Keating

Default Fedora 10 Preview live size

On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 17:21 -0400, Ray Strode wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 14:02 -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > Here is a diff to snap3, we've grown a bit.
>
> How big are we total? Are we over?

Whoops, yeah, we're at 707M

> > I do believe we're going to save some space on the solar stuff due to
> > some splitting, but not sure how much that's going to save us:
> Should be significant enough to sway the size of things, so would be good
> to know before putting much more effort into downsizing.
>
> --Ray

I'll know more tomorrow once we get stuff built up from things we tagged
today.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!

Old 10-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Máirí­n Duffy

Jesse Keating wrote:

On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 17:21 -0400, Ray Strode wrote:

Here is a diff to snap3, we've grown a bit.

How big are we total? Are we over?

Whoops, yeah, we're at 707M

I do believe we're going to save some space on the solar stuff due to
some splitting, but not sure how much that's going to save us:

Should be significant enough to sway the size of things, so would be good
to know before putting much more effort into downsizing.

--Ray

I'll know more tomorrow once we get stuff built up from things we tagged
today.

It looks like the solar plymouth theme is taking up a lot. I wonder if
the graphics from it could be run thru optipng? The same with the gfx
from the fedora-logos package. I can try to see what I can squeeze out
of the fedora-logos package when I get home tonight.

~m

Old 10-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Martin Sourada

> On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 17:21 -0400, Ray Strode wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 14:02 -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > >
> > > I do believe we're going to save some space on the solar stuff due to
> > > some splitting, but not sure how much that's going to save us:
> > Should be significant enough to sway the size of things, so would be good
> > to know before putting much more effort into downsizing.
> >
> > --Ray
> >

> I'll know more tomorrow once we get stuff built up from things we tagged
> today.

solar-backgrounds (~39 MB) has been split into solar-backgrounds (for
Desktop Live, ~12 MB), solar-backgrounds-common (for KDE, ~5.4 MB) and
solar-backgrounds-extras (lots of extra sizes, ~79 MB), so Desktop Live
should shrink roughly by 27 MB.

Martin