Old 10-24-2008, 07:34 AM
Nicu Buculei

Default A little over size on i686 Live

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Jesse Keating (jkeating@redhat.com) said:

New packages:
solar-backgrounds: 39223909

Well, there's your problem. Is there a way to trim this for the livecd?

I think it would be useful to define a list of screen resolutions we are
targeting, like:

- 1600x1200, the most common aspect ratio;
- 1920x1200, widescreen;
- 1280x1024, odd, but still widely used;
- 1024x600, netbooks.

After the target resolutions are agreed (do we add dual screens, change
to smaller/larger sized for those aspect ratios), then is easy to define
the "core" and the "extra" package.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:16 PM
Martin Sourada

On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 10:34 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > Jesse Keating (jkeating@redhat.com) said:
> >> New packages:
> >> solar-backgrounds: 39223909
> >
> > Well, there's your problem. Is there a way to trim this for the livecd?
>
> I think it would be useful to define a list of screen resolutions we are
> targeting, like:
> - 1600x1200, the most common aspect ratio;
> - 1920x1200, widescreen;
> - 1280x1024, odd, but still widely used;
> - 1024x600, netbooks.
>
> After the target resolutions are agreed (do we add dual screens, change
> to smaller/larger sized for those aspect ratios), then is easy to define
> the "core" and the "extra" package.
We've already agreed with mo that the basic package will include
1600x1200 and 1680x1050, the -extra package will include all available
with highest resolution. The basic package has now around 15.1MB and
extras about 33.5MB (optipng saved some space), but since I needed to
resize the wallpapers before including them in the basic package I am
waiting for Mo to [review them/create the smaller versions] before I'll
push it to rawhide. If you'd like, you can test them, their at my
fedorapeople page [1][2] until I push them to rawhide.

Martin