FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Desktop

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Ray Strode
 
Default A little over size on i686 Live

Hi,
> Jesse Keating (jkeating@redhat.com) said:
> > New packages:
> > solar-backgrounds: 39223909
>
> Well, there's your problem. Is there a way to trim this for the livecd?
Martin already has a plan to split this into two packages.

>
> > New packages:
> > plymouth-plugin-spinfinity: 32477
> ...
>
> > Removed packages:
> > plymouth-plugin-solar: 491283
>
> Is there a reason this switched?
We haven't actually made a spinfinity->solar switch yet. There
was a bug in the spec file where they both provided

plymouth-system-plugin

and I guess solar had the shorter name. It didn't have the right %post
logic to enable it though, so we were actually getting neither.

--Ray

--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 
Old 10-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Jesse Keating
 
Default A little over size on i686 Live

On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 14:43 -0400, Ray Strode wrote:
> Hi,
> > Jesse Keating (jkeating@redhat.com) said:
> > > New packages:
> > > solar-backgrounds: 39223909
> >
> > Well, there's your problem. Is there a way to trim this for the livecd?
> Martin already has a plan to split this into two packages.
>
> >
> > > New packages:
> > > plymouth-plugin-spinfinity: 32477
> > ...
> >
> > > Removed packages:
> > > plymouth-plugin-solar: 491283
> >
> > Is there a reason this switched?
> We haven't actually made a spinfinity->solar switch yet. There
> was a bug in the spec file where they both provided
>
> plymouth-system-plugin
>
> and I guess solar had the shorter name. It didn't have the right %post
> logic to enable it though, so we were actually getting neither.
>
> --Ray
>


Is this something that could be fixed with an exclude in the kickstart
manifest?

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!
identi.ca: http://identi.ca/jkeating
--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 
Old 10-23-2008, 06:51 PM
Ray Strode
 
Default A little over size on i686 Live

Hi,

> Is this something that could be fixed with an exclude in the kickstart
> manifest?
Nothing to fix anymore. The spec file just needed to get fixed to only
have one plugin that provides plymouth-system-plugin (which plugin that
is may still change, of course).

--Ray

--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 
Old 10-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Jesse Keating
 
Default A little over size on i686 Live

On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 14:51 -0400, Ray Strode wrote:
> Nothing to fix anymore. The spec file just needed to get fixed to only
> have one plugin that provides plymouth-system-plugin (which plugin that
> is may still change, of course).

When was that change made though?

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!
identi.ca: http://identi.ca/jkeating
--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 
Old 10-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Ray Strode
 
Default A little over size on i686 Live

Hi,

> > Nothing to fix anymore. The spec file just needed to get fixed to only
> > have one plugin that provides plymouth-system-plugin (which plugin that
> > is may still change, of course).
>
> When was that change made though?
* Fri Oct 17 2008 Ray Strode <rstrode@redhat.com> 0.5.0-0.2008.10.15.2
- Move plymouth-set-default-plugin to -libs (might help with bug 467356)
- Fix up requires, provides and postun scripts

--Ray

--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:00 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org