Old 10-10-2008, 05:14 AM
"Shambo Bose"

Default Regarding Compiz Fusion

Hi,

I think if possible Compiz Fusion with Emerald theme manager
should be added to the fedora repository and it should be made
available out of the box for a better desktop user experience.

Thanks.

regards,

Shambo* Bose

Old 10-12-2008, 06:33 AM
Axel Thimm

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 10:44:22AM +0530, Shambo Bose wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think if possible Compiz Fusion with Emerald theme manager should be added
> to the fedora repository and it should be made available out of the box for
> a better desktop user experience.
>
> Thanks.
>

> regards,
>
> Shambo Bose

I'd also love compiz enabled as default, but currently the intel
driver will fail with opengl apps within compiz until DRI2 gets
released.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Old 10-15-2008, 04:42 PM
"Izhar Firdaus"

2008/10/12 Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@atrpms.net>:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 10:44:22AM +0530, Shambo Bose wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think if possible Compiz Fusion with Emerald theme manager should be added

they are in fedora repositories .. search for compiz-fusion-*

>> to the fedora repository and it should be made available out of the box for
>> a better desktop user experience.

for enabling it by default, yup, like Axel mentioned, theres some
problem with driver, but do also note that theres another problem
which is Compiz Fusion won't work properly with the compiz setup in
Fedora (which is to use the gconf plugin instead of the ccp plugin).
I've asked several times to compiz-fusion developers, and the latest
answer i got is that they will never be supporting it. So, in current
setup, only core compiz can be run by default .. for compiz-fusion, it
won't work properly unless started using compiz-manager or fusion-icon
or executed manually using "compiz ccp" command (all of which IMHO, is
quite hackish)

>> Thanks.
>>

>> regards,
>>
>> Shambo Bose
>
> I'd also love compiz enabled as default, but currently the intel
> driver will fail with opengl apps within compiz until DRI2 gets
> released.
> --
> Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail
Amano Hikaru
天野晃 「あまの ひかる」
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MohdIzharFirdaus
http://blog.kagesenshi.org
92C2 B295 B40B B3DC 6866 5011 5BD2 584A 8A5D 7331