FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Desktop

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Jeroen van Meeuwen
 
Default some space saving

Matthias Clasen wrote:

Here is a patch that adds

-gnome-games
-yelp
-gimp-help-browser

to the desktop spin kickstart file. With todays rawhide, it brings the
size down to 715M. Hopefully, with tomorrows rawhide (which actually has
a split off gimp-help-browser), it'll be much closer to 700.

I would have pushed this to the spin-kickstarts repo, but git gives me
an error. Can someone else please push this ?



What error did you get? Maybe I can help you resolve the actual issue.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip

--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 
Old 10-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Matthias Clasen
 
Default some space saving

On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 00:46 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > Here is a patch that adds
> >
> > -gnome-games
> > -yelp
> > -gimp-help-browser
> >
> > to the desktop spin kickstart file. With todays rawhide, it brings the
> > size down to 715M. Hopefully, with tomorrows rawhide (which actually has
> > a split off gimp-help-browser), it'll be much closer to 700.
> >
> > I would have pushed this to the spin-kickstarts repo, but git gives me
> > an error. Can someone else please push this ?
> >
>
> What error did you get? Maybe I can help you resolve the actual issue.
>

It has been fixed now. Some permission mess up in the repo.

--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 
Old 10-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Jesse Keating
 
Default some space saving

On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 17:07 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>
> I would have pushed this to the spin-kickstarts repo, but git gives me
> an error. Can someone else please push this ?

I pushed it, and did a compose with it:

http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/development-live/Live/i686/

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!
identi.ca: http://identi.ca/jkeating
--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 
Old 10-08-2008, 11:24 PM
Jeroen van Meeuwen
 
Default some space saving

Matthias Clasen wrote:

On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 00:46 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:

Matthias Clasen wrote:

Here is a patch that adds

-gnome-games
-yelp
-gimp-help-browser

to the desktop spin kickstart file. With todays rawhide, it brings the
size down to 715M. Hopefully, with tomorrows rawhide (which actually has
a split off gimp-help-browser), it'll be much closer to 700.

I would have pushed this to the spin-kickstarts repo, but git gives me
an error. Can someone else please push this ?


What error did you get? Maybe I can help you resolve the actual issue.



It has been fixed now. Some permission mess up in the repo.



Was it F-10-Beta branch related by any chance? I've had
refs/heads/F-10-Beta set to read-only as to freeze the branch. Should
you have had any pending commits on that branch, that you had not yet
pushed, git would error out with permission denied trying to write to
the refs/heads/F-10-Beta file...


Please let me know so I know whether setting head files to read-only is
a viable solution to freeze a branch.


Thanks,

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip

--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 
Old 10-08-2008, 11:51 PM
Jesse Keating
 
Default some space saving

On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 01:24 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> Please let me know so I know whether setting head files to read-only is
> a viable solution to freeze a branch.

The problem was that ricky misread your request and locked down the
entire repo, rather than just the branch. He reverted it so that just
the branch is locked down.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!
identi.ca: http://identi.ca/jkeating
--
Fedora-desktop-list mailing list
Fedora-desktop-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-desktop-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:01 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org